Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this at all??

Sometimes mom is completely lucid - usually when she is bitching about something and then other times "she gets lost" and uses our bathroom instead of hers. This morning at 3:00 Am we woke up with her standing over us - Bruce was livid - she claims she got lost though her room is right next to her bathroom and ours is on the other end of the house and she had to navigate so much stuff to get there I don't know how the hell she found it -  (naturally I have been up since three now dealing with the repercussions of her antics. I know what it is - she wants the Master Bath and its also about pushing the envelope to see what she can get away with - now she is saying well you never told me he'd get mad if I used your bathroom - you have a nice shower stall like the hospital and I was looking forward to using that-

so manipulative!! I swear I can't tell the difference between the bull shit I have grown up with and the "Dimentia". Kip has of course abandoned me with this. Sorry - I just needed to rant - I am not an angry person - I almost never have reason to lose my temper but I haven't had any sleep and I know that this was a pure manipulatuion. :(

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Kimmee

Time to get Mom into a doctor and get here tested for dementia. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all of this.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Kimmee......I think that what you are doing and going through with your mother is remarkable. I am proud of you for knowing "what" she is up to and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.............:angel:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
It certainly sounds like an intentional "mistake" in this case, but I guess there's no way to know for sure. I'd try what we do with the Alzheimer's patients at work-- label the doors in large, clear letters for her ie: Mom's bathroom, Mom's room, etc, and be sure there's a nightlight or something so she can see the signs.    Another thing we use sometimes is to print out a picture of a stop sign and place it on doors that a confused person shouldn't open-- you'd be amazed at how well that works.   So, you could try that, and see if that helps her alleged "confusion" any.  ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts