Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, i lied, i just made the world famous stuff up. But i name this dish slop based on the tv show big brother. where if the people loose a contest they can only eat slop and nothing else for the week.
I take my meat. chicken or beef (hamburger or stew meat) depends on what is on sale. If chicken boil it up with carrots and celery, onions. Then remove the meat. put the bones back in basil, oregano. whatever you want. cook the fire out of it. Then once your stock is ready. take out the bones, , i take half the stock and freeze it. Then i add (can goods i dont have a garden yet) 2 cans of diced tomatoes, one small can tomato sauce, 2 no salt cans of vegall, then i add one of them frozen mekenzie gumbo soup mix. a pounds of frozen okra, a pound of frozen corn ,bunch of chopped up onions and garlic. Put the chicken back in. Then just bring to a boil and simmer it for a hour or so. then i throw in a bunch of cut up cabbage. and cook for about 20 minutes. then i pile it out in 16 oz portions and freeze it. Then when i get hungry, i take it out. in ziploc plastic containers. I defrost it in my microwave on half power for 15 minutes, then zap it high for one minute. and lunch and sometimes supper is ready. it is yummy. beef (brown it) throw it in stock pot with some however many cups of water to cover the ingredients. and then etc... I have heard that plastic in microwaves might put out some harmful products. but i feel is ok. i accept that fate saves me a extra dish to wash.

·
27,948 Posts
I do something similar with my chicken. Cook it up & have dinnerthen take meat off the bones (saving meat for another dinner)& cook bones in water. drain off bones & strain the liquid into a freezer type container. Then I refrigerate til fat goes to the top & skim that off & then use broth or freeze for future soups.
Gotta come up with a better name for your culinary delight Denny.;)

would you like the survivor slop?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
survivor slop

i love survivor. Sometimes they get some pretty decent meals going but most of the time it looks pretty bad. Like the last night one crab for stock and then some rice. hehehe. rice aint bad with enough sugar and butter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts