Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us spend more time in our kitchen than anywhere else. My kitchen had started to look like I wanted it too, but since we tore out some cupboards and insluated part of the kitchen, I haven't done any redecorating yet. We also need to take out the rest of our cupboards in order to finish insulating because the corner that isn't insulated is the coldest.

So I'll be redecorating and probably getting new kitchen cupboards.

Describe your dream kitchen and is it your dream kitchen now, in the planning stages or just a dream!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I am not much into having a dream kitchen. (I say that because I am not an awesome cook or baker) I'm happy with the amount of cabinet space I have here. I definitely could use new flooring, new fridge, wallpaper, and ceiling. ugh.
I'd love a greenhouse window in the kitchen above the sink too.
Basically I like my kitchen. It's not anything to brag about, but it's nice. I have a double oven now here in the new house. I can't wait to use it for baking and for holidays. :)

I have seen some beautiful kitchens in magazines. Gotta love those granite counter tops and islands with the vegetable sinks etc.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Definitely not my dream kitchen but it'll do for now! I don't have near enough counter or cupboard space. Why do so many farmhouses have small amount of cupboard space and counter space? Maybe like anything else they didn't have as many gadgets and such!!

I would love to have new cupboards, oh this is my dream now ;) , don't know if I want oak or cream coloured distressed (saw this at a kitchen store and loved it). Would definitely want an island and a small pantry IN my kitchen. I would be in heaven if I could have slide out drawer, you know the ones on rollers. Now mine grind and practically fall out and I get the wood shaving in my lower cupboards!!! Since I am dreaming I would have a built in oven and microwave and have my stove top on the island or counter space.
(remember the Brady Bunch, loved the way Alice took food out of the wall)

I like the colours in my kitchen so that wouldn't change, soft yellow and sage green.
:smball:

·
27,948 Posts
I don't have the dream kitchen I want but do have a view I love as I wash dishes.
The kitchen I have now is small & easy to work in. We have a porch off the kitchen that we insulated and paneled in pine that is where our kitchen table is. Next house is where I'd love to have my dream kitchen.

My dream kitchen would be a large farmhouse type kitchen with lots of warm wood cabinets, an island with a cooktop, lots of counterspace & outlets. It would be bright and sunny and warm and cozy at the same time. It would have a big table with comfy chairs that have a view of our wonderful yard. Need a fireplace with a couple of rocking chairs in front of it too. Must also have a window at the sink with a killer view. I'm sure I could think of more wants but that'll do for starters.:)
Great question CJ.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heather, I'm wondering about the farm house kitchens too. Most farm houses that I've been in (the old ones) don't have a lot of cupboards and that surprises me because they were always in their kitchen.

I don't have any small appliances on my cupboards and I still don't have any counter space to speak of.

slowtypinwoman - rofl!! :D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I would have a sea of cabinets and counterspace. I'd also have someone to clean up after me when I'm done cooking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts