Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I will be moving my desk to another area in the home tonight I needed to prep for the move by clearing everything off of it. As I was putting things into a temporary home - ie box - til desk is set up in its new spot, I realized how much junk I had on it. :yikes:

Granted my desk is the first thing I see when I walk into my area down in the basement. I have found misc things: very old mail (2001 anyone?), lotion, shoe shine cloth, body spray, snacks (sm pkts of them - unopened and not expired), coupons, candles, hair accessories, newspapers/flyers etc etc etc. And I'm using that 'etc' term very loosely.

Made me wonder - who else's desk has turned into a catch all? For those of you with very organized, spotless and clutter free desks, what do you have on it/what do you find helps you to keep it that way? Do you eat at your desk? Any tips?

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
When my desk was open in my room I used to clean it off at least once a week. I put pending items in a box and made a point of dealing with them whenever I sat down.

Now the desk is in an armoire in the living room and I've noticed that it is turning in to a dumping ground. I just chuck stuff in and close the door, and I never deal with anything that is in there. I think I just got so overwhelmed by the backlog from when we were moving that I don't want to deal with it.

I really need to make a point of sitting down and cleaning it out on a regular basis.

·
4,028 Posts
catch all here!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ouch! Definitely a catch all. Mine is a built in secretary type with cabinets above and below in the kitchen. It's a magnet for everything I don't know what to do with at any given moment. Need to work on that.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Right now I have a white marble sofa table as my junk collector desk. Technically, I use my laptop on the coffee table because I can't type on a seesaw :lol:

I am planning on getting a new sofa (99" :yikes: ) and I need to move the table to make room for it... it will be interesting!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Being an American, I do believe this is the appropriate time to invoke my Firth Amendment right to avoid self-incrimination. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.