Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detoxification Baths
Use 1/2 cup of baking soda or use 1/2 cup of Epsom salt or use 1/2 cup of sea salt. Soak for 15-20 minutes and then scrub the skin gently with soap on a natural fiber. Within a few minutes the water will turn murky and "dirty." The darkness to the water is heavy metals coming out of the skin (aluminum and mercury). Do this once a week during detox and once a month for maintenance.

Has anyone tried a detox diet or bath?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
No I haven't, but this sounds interesting. There is so much stuff that we put into our body, most times without even knowing it.

I'm going to try this bath!!

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hmmmm, this does sound interesting.

For some reason, I thought I used baking soda in a bath when my children had chicken pox. Perhaps not...LOL I don't recall seeing any darkness in the water, though.

It is worth trying it again! I think I will try the sea salt, when my mosquito bites heal up. I am afraid the salt will make them sting.LOL

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It sounds interesting but I really don't think skin works that way. Any toxins in your bodys blood get pulled out by your liver, Maybe if your liver is overloaded some would be foating in your blood but then I don't think it could get pulled out through the skin.

But I am no doc, just have a little more info than the average person in biology, but not a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts