Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we go back and see the cardiologist this afternoon. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and the news is not to bad. Oh and that this time the Dr. has the test results with him.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Sending good :vibes: his way!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you and your DH.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well he does not have heart problems YET!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!! What a relief.
But he does have high blood pressure, pretty high cholesterol, and I guess some sort of high fat in his blood that can lead to Diabetes. So he is a little depressed that he has to stop eating and cut back on a lot of the foods he likes. But real happy that he does not have heart problems. The Dr told us that if he changes it right now that he should be able to control it some but it will be a life long challenge for him. He told the Dr. that well my wife became a vegetarian so I guess I should start eating a lot of what she eats. He just smiled!!!!!
So does anyone have any low fat, low cholesterol recipes or diet secrets they want to share with me!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi Tracy,

First, do you know the source of the poem you have in your sig?

Second, all of your DH problems can be related to poor intestinal health (look up the Coronary Health Improvement Project (or Program - I can't remember which). There are lots of things that can be used to decrease cholesterol (oats, flax seed, etc - can't remember at the moment). Your vegetarian diet will help a huge amount, but I wouldn't sweat it if hubby gets some meat. Food combining can help too - hubby might go for carbs and veggies/meat alternatives one meal and veggies/meats at another - just not carbs and meat together.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First, do you know the source of the poem you have in your sig?
Sorry I can't remember I found it searching the Internet for poetry one day. I think I searched under mother and children poetry.

Thank you for all the good advice we have started changing things already. And we will continue to search for ideas. I am going to be going out and buying some new cookbooks soon and searching for ideas. It is hard because we started changing his diet awhile ago. So I think as long as I can convince him to stick with it.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Tracy I am glad to hear your DH is doing fine, keep us all posted and God Bless! :hugz:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
What a relief that your DH doesn't have heart problems and can start eating healthier to improve his situation.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I was very glad to hear your DH is doing fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts