Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband has been layed off for 2 years now. He is a computer software constultant. The last contract he had was at a Pharmacil Co. that was July 2008. He finally is return to work this week.

He got a short term contract for 8 to 12 weeks. It does have the possibliaty to go long, I am so happy for him. As of the 1st of June he no longer gets unemployment. So this contract will get us thru the summer and we will see how things go.

I will be able to stash some money away while he is getting paychecks. Our saving is pretty empty. We have 2 vehicles that have to be inspected in the next 6 weeks.

We have lived to be frugal after 2002/2003 when he was unemployed for a long time then. Luckly where in alot better of a financail situtation this time then last. We have no car loans, 1 camper loan that is very low. We have only 2 kids not 4 at home now. We do have 1 in college. We have no credit cards this time around. We have learned that we don't need them to live.

We have learned to live 1 day at a time.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
:mdance: Congrats, happymomof4! I'm so happy for you! :)

·
19,119 Posts
Congratulations - great news and I know you'll make the most of it!!

·
27,948 Posts
Great news! Hope it leads to more long term work. I just know you will continue your frugal ways and stash away what you can for another day.:thumb:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
happymomof4,

What wonderful news!!!! I'm so happy for you and DH. I can only imagine just how thrilled you both are to have work after two years! I'll be praying for this to turn into a long term situation.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
yahooo!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Congratulations! Not only on him getting the work but for being able to hold on for two years. Fingers are crossed for it turning into long term. If not then at least long enough to qualify for unemployment again.
So very happy for all your family

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Congratulations to your DH!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Congratulations!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts