Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here goes again. DH hurt his back 3 years ago, 3 herniated discs, was off from work 3 months and physical therapy worked. He injured his back shoveling snow around Valentine's Day and kept thinking it would get better. Well it is only worse. He is now off from work and we go to Pittsburgh tomorrow to the back doctor. I hope he doesn't have to have to surgery. DD had back surgery last February at the age of 16 and we spent $6000 out of pocket for her medical bills. I cannot Afford this again. I still a Pittsburgh hospital $629.00 from her surgery. We make payments monthly. I feel bad for him because he is in so much pain but I am worried about the medical bills again. Sounds selfish, right. I cannot help it. DD is senior and we have so...many expenses coming up, we were counting on DH 's overtime to help pay for these senior items. I had been working full time as a Multiple Hanicapped Aide, but starting this week it will only be Mon-Wed-Friday, unless something else changes for the lady that I am subbing for. I hope this will continue and that way I will be able to pay for the things my DD needs for graduation. I really thought this was the year we were going to get out of debt, not sure now. We do have about $2000 in our savings but half of that is earmarked for her graduation party. I have been battling arthritis, and had testing done last week for the rheumatoid factor etc. I will find out next week what is going on with me. Sorry for the blubbering rant but I am a bit concerned and disheartened by it all. I really hate working because it just messes up my household and my family life, when I am not working our life is more calm and relaxed and peaceful. Say a prayer that therapy will help DH again, and thigns will get better for us. Also, we are undera snow advisory tomorrow when his dr.'s appointment is in Pittsburgh, which is an hours drive.

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry this has happened again. I hope that all of you get what you want and need to see this through and be ok. I'm betting your dd will want to do all she can to help.(after school job etc.) This is not the way you all planned or wanted it to be but that's what families do.
Hope the driving is fine & you hear good news. Take good care.:heartsm:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Sorry to hear about your DH. Hope its not too bad. My DH hurt his back a couple years ago and that's one of my main financial worries is that he'll re-injure himself and need surgery. That's why I want to get a big EF built up.

Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hopeing and praying that your dh's back will get better quickly and without surgery. Many hugs, Carolyn

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hoping and praying your DH's back gets better, I also feel maybe your DD will understand that her graduation party might be less than she expected, her father should be first in this type of situation. Let us know how the Dr's appt goes.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am so sorry your DH is hurt, I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you have a safe drive to the doctors tomorrow.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I feel for your dh. I just had back surgery in January and may have to have another one. I have just been told that I have degenerative disc disease in all of the spine which is uncommon for someone my age. So I really feel for your dh. When your back hurts all the time you just don't feel like doing anything. I am sure everything will workout fine and I hope the physical therapy will help..Blessing and prayers your way..Kathy

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm sorry for your husband's hurt back and for your worries over medical bills. I know how disheartening it can be.

·
27,948 Posts
How'd it go at the docs? How's your sweetie doing?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the weather co-operated that day, we only received an inch of snow, so that was great. On the other hand, DH has 3 herniated discs and the doctor suggested surgery, but DH wants to try the therapy and prednosonefor a few weeks to see if it will help before he has a surgery. If he gets worse we are to call the doctor immediately. He isn't getting better yet, but has only had 1 pt session. The dr. put him on percoset for the pain because the vicadan wasn't doing the job, now neither is the other. He screams at times in severe pain, and I am helpless to help him with the pain. I haven't slept all night in weeks, because he is up a lot during the night. I really think that surgery will be in the near future. I am really tired of back problems in my household, when your back hurts everything hurts. Keep praying for my family please, we have really had some tough years as of late with serious health problems, and big murphy's. Thanks for listening to me and continue to send lots of prayers for us. Thanks, traci

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm so sorry about your husband's back problems. I hope that he won't require another surgery. I will surely send prayers your way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts