Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So DH have kinda dismissed me when I've been talking about the EF I built up to $1000. To my astonishment I checked it today and whoa, he had added $1775 into the account. What a nice man! :D

Anyone else's DH ever surprise you financially?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh Man , Congrats , I wish my DH would take me seriously...

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's awesome, EF... um what's that? JK. We have a very small EF but AGAIN some of it had to be used for something else, but that's what it's there for.. just have to keep rebuilding it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
How nice!!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
When I first got my credit card, I went a little crazy and racked up over $700 on it -- very few extravagent purchases, btw, mostly stuff we needed -- and normally I'd be able to pay it off, but I was paying through the nose on insurance for six weeks and figured I was going to have to carry a balance into next month. :smooch: offered, without even me asking, to help me pay off my credit card, and just to pay him back next month off my paychecks. I was so pleased. His only request was "Just don't do it again". :p

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Good job with your DH!

My dh listens to the plans I make about the finances, we discuss it, and USUALLY it gets done that way.

I basiclly do it all and just let him know what is going on.

He respects my judgements.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What a great surprise. You have a good man!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
How nice!!!

Around here DH is the money manager. He handles everything having to do with money. I am the one who takes some here and there to fund my A.C.Moore habit.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
What a nice surprise. Kudos to your DH for being on board with your EF planning. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Your DH did good!!! WOOHOO! What a nice surprise!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
How sweet is that????!!! Now those are the kind of surpsrises I like!!! Sounds like you have a good one there!!! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I wish my dh would handle the finiances. Im tired of always trying to make the number work and my mind in exhaused from it. I would love it if he would just take it over and give me an allowance. Hw does want to and says he already has anought to do . Anyways back on topic- his finiancal surprises have been less than helpful lately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts