Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today my DH's ex-company had a close-out sale.
we got a pretty good deal on the stuff he wanted. it was a game company and he got lot of electronic stuff for very cheap. like monitor, ups etc.
they were not really bothered and giving away miscellaneous office stationery stuff. so i just gathered up some trash cans (the meshy metal ones like the ones u get in staples etc). i just gave them a good wipe and put all my baby's toys in them. they don't have sharp edges and he can see toys through it. they are pretty as toy bins.
i also got a notebook, copy paper, stapler, pins, binder clips, papermate pens, sharpie markers, pen holder, small desktop fan (it is really cute)
we even got an AC for just $50. with the summer coming up here in los angeles, it is going to be handy to use in out apartment.
file cabinet with wooden top for $15.
a tall lamp for $5. they have a lot of those still.
a dell color printer for $25.
it was a pretty good deal though sad that it was closing out.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It sounds like you got some great deals on things! I know what you mean about air conditioning. I can't even imagine temps. in Califronia, but I can't sleep in our apartment during the summer months without our bedroom air conditioner running.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It sounds like that you got some really good deals. I work at a hotel where they have been doing some remodling. They have been so stingy by not giving anything away. The only thing really that I could have used would have been the towels. That is another that we got was all new linens as well. There are alot of hotels here that do that sort of thing. They will sell or get rid of some of there things just so the can bring fresh after the end of the season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts