Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our town wide yard sale this weekend and all I found was a blender for $4.00 which was on my list. Other than that it was mostly junk or things I just didn't need.

Anyone else find any treasures this weekend?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I got a bunch of cookbooks, mostly between .25 and 1.00. My fave is the Taste of Home Quick Cooking 2002 that I got for $1.00! My find of the day! The rest will probably end up on ebay.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
...no...no treasures for me this week-end. I hope you find better next time, CJ. :)

I'm happy that you found good books, Danielle.:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
A Little Tikes easel for $5. Not bad, eh?

Milissa

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
A Taste of Home Cookbook for a dollar? Wow, I'm so jealous!
I found several goodies.
Walker for dgs- $1.50
outfit for dgs-$1
2 pairs jeans, Tommy Hilfiger and Levis Silvertab-$4 for both, Like new
4 crafting books .25 each
2 books, a Chicken Soup for the Soul series and Sonnets From the Porteguese .75
CD RW pkg. $2
Straw purse -$1
salt and pepper shakers for ddil - with matching spoonrest-$1

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
This week I got:

Ivy dinner service - £2
Coat stand - £1
Kiddies table and chairs - £1
Whole bag of felt, fur fabric and pom-poms £5
and a brand new fabric painting set with brushes, stencils, blocks, transfers, un-used paint etc for £2 - That was my bargain of the day.

Very happy this week! :D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We went to second Monday flea market and did not find much. There were not a lot of venders there because of the holiday. We did find face plates for my cell phone, at one booth I got a really cool looking leopard print face plate for what I thought was a good deal at $5, then I went across the road to another booth and found the same face plates for $2 a piece, I ended up with a total of 3 face plates. I got a brown leopard print, a red leopard print and a black and white snake print (which DH has appropriated for himself).

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Nice finds ladies !!!!!!!!!!!
Bad weather here, no yard sales for me .......:(

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
we had bad weather too, but we still went to a town wide sale about 30 minutes away. i got 6 vintage cookbooks for .10 apiece.:D i also got 4 small picture frames ranging from .25-.50 apiece. oh yeah, i also got 2 sweatshirts (with hubby's school logo) for .50 apiece and a neat vintage silverplate compact for .25.
i think that was about it. it was fun...even though it poured on us and we had tonado watches/warnings and flash flood warnings.;) ;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My DH made our 13 year old twins day when he bought them each a new golf bag for $5 total!!! They were so happy and couldn't stop thanking thier Daddy and I.:D We were able to do this while they were at a birthday party, so they discovered them in the back of the van when we had them unload the groceries!;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
ummm no yard sales but I did get some thrift store bargains...

I got a Rival meat grinder and shredder and slicer for 2.00 still in the box...
I got a bread slicer guide for bread machine bread for 2.00 still in the box and I got a linen dresse for 7.00 which was very nice

~Cindy~

1 - 12 of 12 Posts