Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tooth fairy too? If so when did they find out "the truth"?
Also, what types of things do these "guys" do in your home?

Sara

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
My kids don't believe in any of them anymore other than the tooth fairy. Dd still isn't quite sure if there is one and we play it to the hilt.

The tooth fairy brings money to them each time they lose a tooth and both her and ds#1 still are trying to figure out if its us or not.

They've always known who Santa is.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I believe !!!!!!!
Most of my kids are grown, only one at home that still believes!!!! Totally believes !!!! DD is to old but never lets on to ds....... We do them all, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Ect..... Santa still comes for dd, but that's for ds's sake..... This will probably be the last year , one more at best..... :cry:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
DS#3 believes in the tooth fairy and Santa. They all used to believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy. We used to sit up late at night and put everything out that was from Santa. One year we went to NC for Christmas and they were worried Santa would miss the house. I put everything out right before we left while DH was making sure everything and everyone was in the car. When we arrived home they were all in awe!! They were so happy to see Santa did not miss them!! For easter I used to be the first one up and hide the eggs. When they would wake up they see them and be soooo excited! Of course the tooth fairy comes at night or early morning to trade money for their lost tooth!:D

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
yes mine all believed at one time. The youngest still does. the tooth fairy usually forgets to come. OOPS! I am hoping to get this last santa year done. My mother still sends me stuff from santa though. LOL

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Our three oldest granddaughters don't believe in Santa or the tooth fairy etc any more. Our tiny angel, Laine, is only three years old and she still believes. I don't know how long it will be before her older sister, Lizabeth clues her in though!:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
611 Posts
My kids all believed. They figured it out for themselves about 4th grade, but I still played the game. About 6th grade I finally relented and said, yes, you are right, we are Santa, etc.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
As for the tooth fairy in our house we leave the tooth in a glass of water and when she touches the water to get the tooth out it magically turns bhlue she also leaves a little fairy dust around. We still do Santa, but5 my oldest kept asking last year so I gave in and told her then we found a website that on xmas eve tracked santa form a nasa sattelite and gave reports and pictures like in a news setting so she thought I had lied to her. I will try to find that site again and post it here. Mykids had a blast last year charting across the world.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
my kids all still believe in Santa, in lots of way it would be easier if they didn't them I wouldn't have to worry about them finding out and it could be easier explaining why Santa can't bring everything on a list, (the list can only have a couple things on it BUT with the younger kids they think they see it on tv then Santa can bring it)..

As for the Easter Bunny, here is a funny story, my oldest daughter one year wanted dolls called "take care of me Triplets" (3 dolls that came together) Santa did bring those, that year right around Easter I found out I was pregnant with tripet and at Easter dinner Kaitlyn was so excited because Santa had gotten her triplets and then the Easter bunny got me triplets too, that was funny....

Our oldest daughter is now 9 so I don't think there is too much time left of her believing an all those things but...

Eileen

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
We do the Tooth Fairy and Santa. For Easter DD knows that we hide the eggs. We make her stay inside while we hide them outside. I still get stuff from Santa, too. (from my mom) LOL

·
Registered
42 Posts
My girls 12 and 10 1/2 believed at one time too! They were both shocked about the tooth fairy, they didn't think it was me!! :) When my youngest was about 4, she told hubby and i that santa gives better gifts than us LOL!!! angela

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Angela too cute about they thought santa brought better gifts.lol!Both of mine still believe since they are almost 5 and 1.5 yrs.So I'm hoping it will be a while.I love playing Santa.Dh and put the kids to bed early and then set out their gifts while drinking hot chocolate.Last year we told dd that Santa can see her threw the light bulbs so she better be good,so now all year she's been talking to the lightbulbs.This will be bubbas second christmas so it should be a lot of fun for him

·
Registered
74 Posts
We always told ours the truth -- but still enjoyed the fun of the season. I never wanted them to wonder if God was real or not. And I never wanted them to think I would mislead them. We still play the roles even with our 24 yr od ds and his wife! There is so much sadness in the world -- why not enjoy these harmless holiday heroes?

ida

·
27,948 Posts
My kids used to. They still like to pretend though.:)
Tooth Fairy- left pixie dust and $1.00 for tooth left under pillow in the pocket of a stuffed smiling tooth.
Santa left powdered carpet deodorizer footprints all over our living room floor.
Easter Bunny left a picture clue that led to another clue,and another... In and out of the house,up and down till they finally found their baskets.:hocus:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Ida, my 17 year old son believes like you. It makes a lot of sense, and I wish I had gone that route with my dks. Ds says he will teach his kids the story of St. Nicholas( a real live person) but not Santa Claus.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
We don't do any of those. We emphasize Jesus at Christmas though we do tell ds the story of St. Nicholas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My oldest is only 4, so she better believe! ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
My boys are still young (4 and 2) so they believe in all of it still ... not sure when I will tell them.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Are you trying to tell me something?:eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts