Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Interesting article. However, the items she considers "clutter" are not the items I would consider "clutter." A pile of magazines that you haven't read in 6 months and will probably never read is clutter. A pile of magazines that you sit down and read 3-4 nights a week while relaxing with a cup of tea isn't clutter.

I think the author missed the point of de-cluttering. It isn't about removing all personal touches to make your home look like a magazine. It's about removing things to let your personal touches shine through so that your home is truly yours.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
My problem with many articles on interior decoration is that there just isn't enough stuff, that is, it looks like a showroom or model, rather than a room where people LIVE.

That said, I agree with the previous poster. Clutter is the stuff that you have that you don't look at or use regularly. Clutter is just accumulations of stuff to be stuff. DH and I talk fairly often about how we need to get bookcases from the storage in here, then the boxes of books will stop being "clutter" and the books will be "stock" again, at least to me. I can't sell the books in boxes as I don't know what's there, and that's the difference for us.

I hadn't thought this out before. Thanks Russ!

Judi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.