·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you/do you make your own baby food?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I had always wanted to, but I could hardly keep up with the diapers, baths, and washing of clothes.... Whew I am tired already....;)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Yes, I made almost all of DD's baby food. The only time I bought those little jars was when we would be gone, especially overnight-- less hassle to pack and store.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I made 99.99% of Maggie's food. I did buy three jars of the foods you aren't supposed to make yourself (because of nitrates) but she only ate half of one, and I gave the other two away. It only took an hour or two every other week to stockpile all sorts of different flavors, and she transitioned to table food better for it, I believe.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Nope..never did....they ate jarred or table food.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Yep--- 3 kids and I think I bought less than 5 jars of baby food. I just couldn't bring myself to feed them all that processed food with Lord knows what additives in it.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I make most of it. We keep jars around for travel, church, eating out, etc. Ingrid will eat from the table - actually she'll eat anything! :D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I made most of the food for my babies. It was much less costly and I knew exactly what was in it.

Reactions: miteigenenhaenden

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I made almost all of mine, but bought some too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I answered other cause.....when my two were old enough to eat solids, i just fed them off my plate, squishing and squashing what needed to be....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anthony Constantinou | Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX says Instead of sitting in front of your child and blowing on the food to cool it down, you could place it in a bowl of cold water.

If you use plastic bowls, simply pop the bowl into the freezer for a few minutes, make sure you keep checking on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts