Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two oldest went to the Prom tonight. I lived every moment of the preparation process vicariously through them. I never went, did you???

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Went to both my Junior and Senior proms- went to several other proms as well as dates for people from other schools.

I was the proverbial "girl next door" type- and when guys couldn't get a real date, they took me. Hey! I had fun, they all treated me well, and. . . . I got to see Barry Manilow in concert at one of the proms (oh. . . I think I just dated myself :D )

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
nope never went to a prom...and for my senoir year i went to an alternative high school...20 seniors in the class, so we wouldn't have had a very exciting prom anyhow i suppose with so few people. ;)

·
27,948 Posts
:cry: ::sniff::: nobody asked.:(

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Yes I went to my senior prom. The guy I went with was a junior I was dating at the time and kind of a jerk. I kept hoping he wouldn't pull up in his beat up truck!! :laugh: He didn't, he borrowed his Dad's car! :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I went to my prom but I asked a friend of mine to take me. I didn't want to miss out on it. I knew that there was no one that I wanted to go with in my school. My husband missed out on his though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oh, I went, all right. Kept worrying if I didn't go I'd feel like I'd always regret it. Was not worth wasting money or the Friday night. It was big, grand but eh...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I didn't go. Dh and I were dating my senior year, and we decided to have our own little prom instead of going to the prom. ;) lol We had a great time, and I don't regret not going at all.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I didn't go to mine, but I am living vicariously through Adrian and Nicole too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
When I was a sophomore, I went to the Jr. prom with my boyfriend at the time. When I was a junior, I went to the Jr. prom with my now dh. When I was a senior, I went to the Sr. prom with my boyfriend with whom I had just broken up. I spent most of the night with my friends and only danced one song with him.

·
Registered
203 Posts
YEPPERS we went to Senior prom!! My DH and I were dating and he missed his but I REFUSED to miss prom as we never went to any other dance.It was fun my BF went with us cause she had no date........lol

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Junior - yes
Senior - no

·
Registered
948 Posts
I went to both my Jr. and Sr. prom. Jr. prom I went with my best guy friend - neither of us had dates, so we just went together. Sr. prom I went with a guy I dated for 1-1/2 yrs. I totally ditched him at the after-prom party and had a blast with my friends!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I went to my Jr and Sr prom,and my boyfriends Sr prom.
It was a wonderful time,and I'm so glad I got to go. Of course-after prom wasn't bad either;)

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Freshman and sophomore years I went to junior and senior proms at another school as a date. I was on crutches for my junior prom and sat it out and the guy I was dating by my senior prom was a 28 year old stockbroker and I didn't feel the need to do the high school thing by then.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I went to a Junior prom while I was a freshman (dating a junior)
didn't go my sophomore year. My junior year I was tired of buying dresses I would never wear again so I went to the prom stag and in a tuxedo with tails and stiletto heels! I stole a date. LOL, And my senior year I went with a bunch of girlfriends.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts