Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got all the school info and it's the same 2 bucks. Surprised. And you?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yes they did from 1.50 to 1.80. My dd is in high school I usually give her 2.00 because they have a bunch of ala carte things she picks from.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
We didn't get any info yet. I forgot to sign up on line last year (they changed the system) now we don't have my DS schedule and all his friends do. It's driving me crazy. i wamt to know if he got what he signed up for and if I need to budget for anything else??

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
it went up by 75 cents. But we own our own buisness and our profits are down by $400 so we made the cut off line for free lunches.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
The prices stayed the same here. But Son's will go up 10 cents because he is older now.

Daughter's lunch $2.10
Son's lunch $2.30

I was thinking on how much it ends up costing a month for lunch.

Assuming 5 days a week for 4 weeks that is

Daughter $42.00 a month.
Son $46.00 a month just for lunch (extra if he goes back for seconds or a treat)

Ugh

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Last year my girls took there lunch. They said they would still take there lunch this year also. On fridays they have Pizza Hut day, so they will get hot lunch then.

·
19,119 Posts
Lunch went up from $1.25 to $2.20. If students want a second lunch, it is $4.00. Prices are the same regardless of portion size - the lower grades get less food per serving, which at times is not enough to satisfy even their little appetites.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I'm hoping DS10's school lunch program stays the same price, which is $50 per month. He eats a whole lot of food for $50 per month, plus they teach him valuable life skills while in the kitchen. I also send a box of cereal to school with him every other week because he eats six times a day.

DS5's lunch costs will go up because I'll have to add more to the grocery budget for him. He'll get a nice simple lunch made from home: sandwich, drink, cheese cubes/crackers and a dessert (maybe some homemade muffins or brownies or something). I bought his lunch bag and drink container today, along with some Ziploc containers for ease.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts