Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They had said that they would call me in the morning, well till 6am no telephone calls. Well, after the delivery of the mail this was not necessary anymore as there was a letter with only 2 sentences in it saying they had not picked me.

Honestly, they must have mailed right after I left.

When I was cooking dinner I got the phonecall and for one moment I truly believed they might have made a mistake. Unfortunately that wasn't so, but why I wasn't picked is still not clear to me.

Oh well, Tuesday I have an other interview at the same hospital (UMCG).

Will keep you updated.

Thanks for all the good vibes and crossing of fingers.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Thats odd to send a letter so fast.NOT very nice of them to make you wait by the phone. Sorry, better luck next time.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:(

Good luck with the next interview.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Sorry. Im sure something better will come along. Hang in there!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am sure something better will come along but good luck at the next interview :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
This just wasn't the job for you. You will get that perfect job. Good Luck!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Good luck on your next interview. :thumb: :vibes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good luck on your next one. I had an interview today and they said they would be letting people know sometime in the next few WEEKS!! Think I'll keep looking in the meantime!!!! All the best to you in your hunt..I hope you find something perfect for you!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Maybe this job will be better suited for you and well worth the wait!! Good luck to you!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hang in there. I got a dozen of these letters in the past year before finding the perfect job. Don't let them get you down, the next one may be it!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
All that means is that wasn't the job for you.
The job for you is still waiting for you. You were just practicing for the real interview.

And you're doing mighty fine!

I hate getting turned down for a job. and with the nursing shortage can you just imagine how crushing that felt for me!!

This is what I did.
I call, email or write to them.
Preferably email- for some reason the person on the other end is more likely to respond in greater detail when an email is sent. Phone calls take them off guard and they don't like to talk about it.

I ask them for advice.

I tell them that I appreciate the opportunity to meet with him/her/ That I thought he/she was an interesting person and that I learned a lot about what the company wants. etc etc .... lots of BS here.

Then I say... "as a colleague....."
(this ALWAYS gets them!! especially nurses! they just can't turn this statement down!!)
I say... "... as a colleague, could you please let me know what I need to improve on, what skills I need to acquire, what interviewing skills I need to hone in on..." etc etc. " to secure a position at your marvelous hospital?"

I tell you! It's like a free councel session! Via email!
I have been honestly and professionally critiqued!
It's hard to take at first, but come on!! it's free advice! Advice that will get you a job- as long as you take it and use it.

You may not be aware that you didn't get the job because... you didn't have eye contact, or... that you fidgeted too much, or that you didn't know what the company was about.. or you simply weren't qualified.. or you were over qualified.

People will be honest- and want to help.
If not, you didn't want to work for them anyway- so no loss there.

Can I say.. that for my current job.. I had to interview with 10 (ten) different doctors!! It took two months!! Each doctor had to approve me first. ARRGGG!!!!
I was THE interview expert by the end! I was interviewing the last doctor!!.. "So, Dr. J... I understand that you are the Director of Medicine here, tell me.... how exactly will that affect me and will I be reporting to you?"
Hysterical. They offered me the outragious position the next day. They never regretted it.

Oh... and I practiced on a LOT of interviews before this.

so the perfect job is out there.Gosh!! sorry so long!

·
4,028 Posts
Are you able to call and ask for feedback on your interview? It may show them incentive on your part since you are interviewing again at the same place.

I am also a firm believer that it wasn't the job you were supposed to get. So hang in there, it will happen.

·
27,948 Posts
Good stuff ahead, hang on! :thumb:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am sorry you didn't get the job, but that means there is something better for you elsewhere. Good luck with the next interview!!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Are you able to call and ask for feedback on your interview? It may show them incentive on your part since you are interviewing again at the same place.

I am also a firm believer that it wasn't the job you were supposed to get. So hang in there, it will happen.
I totally agree don't give up!!:cheergrl:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hang in there! You'll get the job that's right for you.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Sorry about the job, but I hope your next interview goes well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts