Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i like that!!! i still don't like to look at the messy room though!;) but now i at least feel better about it!:D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Ok, I do feel better ....... Thanks Lucie !!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I saw this, I laughed! My boys have messy rooms....:toothy: each at different degrees...I have a hrad time with their messy rooms and my repeating to them to clean, doesn't make their room cleaner. So when I saw this article, I thought, maybe I should see it differently.:D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Its all about "picking and choosing our battles".

The kids here sort of clean their room each night before bed. That means they clean it how they want and I leave it at that. Dd has a spotless room, nothing out of order. Ds#1 is a totally different matter.

I love that article - nobody has to sweat anymore about messy bedrooms for the kids!!!!

Thanks Lucie for that article - it makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your welcome, CJ.:) It's funny ho wsome article we find just when we need them? (it was my case)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Love the article Lucie, it's funny, when the boys were younger, oh my!!!:eek: I spent WAY too much energy asking for them to clean up after themselves.....I pretty much at around age 11 and 12 said OK, your rooms, you have to sleep in here, live in it......well much to mothers glee ;) their rooms had a major transformation!! I couldn't believe it, the boys now make their beds, clean up "stuff" pretty much every night and most times know where to find every article of clothing they own!! Can this continue, lets hope!!:)

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Thanks, I really needed that. We get so frustrated with my 14yos room. It was so bad at one time, he had mice. We finally took care of that problem, but it's still a mess. I just don't know how he can enjoy living in that mess. It drives me crazy.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That was a humorous way to look at it. My child's room is almost always messy and it makes it hard for her to find things she needs for school or whatever and then we end up late because she has to ferret out something from her room. Yesterday she wanted to wear something that she has not laid eyes on for months and could not find it. I call that logical consequences and I let her suffer through that without helping her look.

My child is forgetful and disorganized and I wonder where she gets that from? I need only look in my own bedroom to answer that. I noticed that when I make an effort to declutter and organize my dd tries it also. That's all we can do - keep trying and it will be cleaned up sooner or later.

I can't say too much to her about her room (although it's much worse than mine) because my bedroom gets cleaned and decluttered only to get cluttered again soon after also. I ahve too many things and not enough places for them and she has the same problem in her room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts