Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up late last night and watched this program on the Discovery Channel, very interesting! :thumb: If you get a chance to watch this, do, it is excellent!.

I think it would be a very interesting topic for science for you homeschoolers too. It brought paleontologists, volcanologists, geologists etc... (many fields in science) all together to find out just what these are and how and when to predict another one. I found it facinating. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Having grown up on an island with 2 active volcanoes, I love this stuff! I remember being able to see the glow in the night sky form the eruptions from our home. I also remember getting all bundled up at night and the whole neighborhood caravaning it to go and see the volcano erupting. It was great entertainment and even miles away from the actual eruption you could feel the intense heat from it.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Debbie, that sounds neat, but these are catastrophic occurances. They said the last one was 74,000 years ago in Japan I think, but are looking at Yosemite National Park as a possible next one! :yikes: Very scary indeed.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I thought MT. St. Helen's was the last one?????:confused: I'm still finding ash from it here.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Wow, Dave would really love this. I've got to see when it's on around here :) Thanks.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Great links! Thanks Dee! This is pretty scary. Having seen the damage that Mt. St. Helens did was bad enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts