Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS there a travel forum somewhere I'm not seeing?? I need advice on a Disney Cruise. My family really wants to go next feb and while it looks really fun it also looks REALLY expensive. I'm asking around to whomever may have done these for the cheapest place to book through. We have to travel school vacation week so the price is crazy expensive and we need to book plane tickets also. I've been to a disney board but haven't gotten much for answers.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We went on the Disney Cruise about 15 years ago. So, I'm sure things are quite different now. We booked directly through the cruise line, and at the time it was very reasonable. We went in Sept....so not much help with that either.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
isn't travelocity or expedia.ca the discount travel online kind of places?

I know thru the BCAA (auto association) they have some kind of travel agents, and maybe they might be able to help, you may have a member discount and they could help you find a discounted fare or something.

I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
58 Posts
mermaid59 said:
We went on the Disney Cruise about 15 years ago. So, I'm sure things are quite different now. We booked directly through the cruise line, and at the time it was very reasonable. We went in Sept....so not much help with that either.
I think you may be thinking of another cruise because Disney cruise line has only been around since 98/99 ( The disney magic was first to sail in July 1998 & The disney wonder first sailed August 1999.) You may be thinking of premiere cruise line ( The big red boat ) it had looney tunes on it.

Anyhow we have been on almost 10 Disney cruises( Just got off 1/19) as well as cruised with other cruise lines ( premiere & royal carribean) and Disney by far is worth the extra money especially if you have kids.

We always book through the cruise line itself, they seem to have the best deals

·
Registered
151 Posts
We are going to florida in feb. (I got free plane ticket for the 4 of us! woohoo) We were "suppose" to go to disney with the kids....but after seeing that it would cost us 3000$can for a tiny one week on the Disney site (hotel, food and pass for 4) we decide that we would instead enjoy the sea and beach :) and put the 3000$ on our morgage :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good idea Nath!
We just went a few weeks ago but thankfully my parents paid for it...we only did 2 days at the park but for 2 nights at a park resort & 6 park hopper passes...WOW thats exspensive! The kids had fun but if I had to pay to go to Disney I wouldnt...I would go on a cruise instead...LOL

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
We like to go on cruises and have signed up for the VacationsToGo newsletter. Just go to VacationsToGo.com and sign up. They offer some great prices on cruise deals, most of the cruise lines included.

·
Registered
151 Posts
PrairieRose said:
We like to go on cruises and have signed up for the VacationsToGo newsletter. Just go to VacationsToGo.com and sign up. They offer some great prices on cruise deals, most of the cruise lines included.
Hey I like that! Thank's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts