Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am very new to this lovely site and have already been made to feel so very welcome.

I have a pet Rat named Dumbo who i adore, i was wondering whether any of you out there own one two.

I would love to swop stories and advice with you.

Hayley:heartsm:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Hayley! :)

I don't have rat myself, but my son's friend has one and I've learned to like those little pets, becuase at my boy's school, there are a few. With the years, I stopped being afraid and I can now take them in my hands!

How long have you had your dumbo?:)

Lucie

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Hi Hayley ~ I've got four ;) Thanks to YOU! :)

I'll swap stories with you but I'm NOT swapping rats! lol.

Nobody take any notice her rat is pyscho LOL. :hugz:

·
27,948 Posts
How do you know it's Pyscho Bev?
No real rats here. Just squirrels and chipmonks that we think of as overgrown rats.:D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Darlene ~ I'm telling you Hayley's rat is MAD lol.

It's spoilt rotton AND it pierces (sp?) people's ears just for FUN! :eek:

You can't tell Hayley that - she thinks he's just being friendly :eek: LOL.

She is seriously animal soppy! But the rat needs HELP! lol

·
27,948 Posts
Sounds like Dumbo should have a nice lovey name like Nibbles.:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I had rats, but don't anymore. I have had a ferret as well, but he bit my son and i had to get rid of the ferret. Now i have birds (1 cockatiel and 2 parakeets), dogs (3 chuiuihuas), cats (2), and fish.

I had rats as a teen...mostly because they sared the whiz outta my step mother and kept her out of my room because she was scared of em. (she went through my stuff all the time...till she found a "free range rat" in my room )I had a male Ozzy and two females...Harriett and Lita...(so I had Ozzy and Harriett and I had Ozzy Osbourne and Lita Ford) and these rats populated like mad...like clock work. I had rat adoptions going all the time. i never had a problem adopting them out. And best of all I didn't have step mother digging around in my drawers anymore. (Heh, heh, heh She found Ozzy in that drawer - he wasn't a friendly guy to most people. he liked to crawl in there to sleep)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Firstly Bev :mad: :shoot: Not really :heartsm:

Dumbo is beautifull, he has bitten our ears but im told that he would benefit from being castrated (to calm him down a little) he's not old enough yet, although i love him just the way he is.

To lucie

I'm so glad that you are ok with holding rats now, they really are lovely animals and get so much bad press, which is mostly unwarranted.

Dumbo is almost 16 weeks old, he is my 5th rat, my others went to ratty heaven.:angel2:

To Darleen
Please ignore Beverley:) Dumbo is no pyscho, Dumbo is named Dumbo as he is a Dumbo Rex rat (big ears like Roland Rat) so his name is perfect.

To melissa

I love your story it's great. I'm not a fan of Ferrets either i find that they really smell.
Ask Bev what her rats are called, i'm sure that one is ozzy to.

Thankyou all for your replies please keep them comming.

hayley

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That gun is great (well not pointed at my head lol) I haven't seen it before? Do we have new smilies???

My rats are Stumpy (missing part of his tail) Zebra (black & white hooded) Sooty (the white of - of COURSE! lol) and yep - Ozzy (also after ozzy osbourne, I 'thought' he was the boss but I was mistaken it's sooty) Still Sooty is a scary name as well LMAO!

Oh Darlene ~ :couch: Dumbo is a pyscho ;) *hehehehehehehe*

·
27,948 Posts
Don't put me in the middle of this!!!:D
You both have lovely rats and I'm so glad they give you so much pleasure. Give them each a kiss for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh dear Beverley

Im glad that :mouse: is :sleepy: at the moment he would need a :hugz:

BEWARE!!! what you eat at my barbecue tommorow. lol:)

Love ya really
hayley

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Hayley,

I don't have rats, and I don't think it would be a good idea if I did. I guess I am the resident cat lady here! :laugh: I have 10 inside and take care of around 25 outside!! :D

You and Bev are a hoot!! :crackup:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I'm beginning to think we might have DOUBLE trouble here!!! :laugh:

You two are just too funny.

I don't have rats but I do have bats!!! Anyone want one. They are in the attic of my house, and last fall one got inside the house. I screamed and crawled on the floor to get out of its way. Dh, the kids and anyone dh told thought it was extremely funny!! I didn't.

We haven't had any in the house this year, but they are in the attice. The only good thing about bats is they eat mosquitoes!!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
homesteadmamma said:
I'm beginning to think we might have DOUBLE trouble here!!! :laugh:

You two are just too funny.
LOL!!! you guys had me crackin up here too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello to you all, its 9.58 pm here in the uk, im having so much fun reading all of your posts (except Bev's of course) you all seem really nice.

SewCrafty
I take my hat of to you with so many moggies to look after. All countries need more people like you. You are an :angel:

homesteadmamma
I think that bat's are really cute, however ive only seen them flying about in the light of lamp posts so im not really sure how i would feel about having them in my loft/attic. I have heard that they are more scared of us than we are them. (obviously not in your case though LOL)

hayley

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That's nice isn't it :eek:

You invite rif-raf into the classiest place on the web and that's the thanks you get! :eek:

Where's the little sulking head? LOL

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
You two are just too funny. I am laughing like crazy at y'all! I am so glad that you joined us Hayley.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts