Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hope the marketers abide by the new laws, as of now they have not.......

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good! My phone has been ringing non stop over here- they must be getting their last hurrah in.

The one thing I don't like is some companies are exempt from this law, like long distance providers (like AT&T) and they are the worst offenders. I know who they are, If I wanted their service, I know how to get a hold of them.

I can't wait until the signups start, Maybe Sears will stop trying to sell me siding for my 2 year old house.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Lately I've been screaming in the phone "Take me off of your list!" and then slamming the phone down. If I get one more "congratulations, you won a trip to walt disney world, I think I'll scream some more!

I love the new ones that leave a message on your machine. UGH!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Over One Hundred Per Second Register for "Do Not Call" List

(TV5-AP) White House--Officials say the response to the new national "do not call" list has been overwhelming, but they insist the system can handle it. The new registration system is designed to help Americans block unwanted sales calls.

continued here:
http://www.wnem.com/Global/story.asp?S=1339020

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Wow, I wish they'd do that with spam as well. I'm getting so much spam, to grow bigger boobs, a larger penis (just got that one, but not sure how I can do both), :laugh: and I got one today in a language I can't even read for crying out loud!!!

I hate phone calls as well, but since moving to a small rural town, were not much on anyone's calling list except the newspaper!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts