Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it need to be taught?

I'm listening to a radio show right now and a professor from the university nearest us, says you need to be taught.

What do you think?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
What do you mean, CJ? I'm not sure I understand your question.

:)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Nope. I don't think it needs to be taught. I think some people are born anal like me. LMAO
I have a need to plan and that includes planning goals. I think some people need to be taught how to plan goals and attain them though. I think many people wander around not sure how to take the first steps.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
smnoel said:
Nope. I don't think it needs to be taught. I think some people are born anal like me. LMAO
I have a need to plan and that includes planning goals. I think some people need to be taught how to plan goals and attain them though. I think many people wander around not sure how to take the first steps.
I'm anal about alot of things too :laugh: , but planning and attaining goals is not one of them. I have no idea where to start! :(

So in this instance, I think I need to be taught! ;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I am very good with financial plans, but ask me what I want to be when I grow up, or how I plan to make it happen - I have no clue. It is really bad when my boss can ask how to make something happen and I can give him a decent breakdown and time table. Ask me what I will be doing in a year - can't do it.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am a very list, goal oriented person...tons of lists, books with plans etc.............it's the "doing" it that was my problem and until I learned how to acheive all I wanted it was very frustrating!! In my case it was a matter of being taught!! Not that I will acheive everything I have listed out, I have to have a "plan" and "see" it written down and then I can break it down into mini goals!!:smball: Good question!

·
Registered
14 Posts
goals

I do believe that goals need to be taught. If you start with young kids abt 5, by the time they are adult they will have the expeience and wisdom they need to set goals and follow through with them.

Boo

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That depends - I think if you 'learn' to set and reach goals then you have a flying start but I believe where there is true burning desire then the goal is already obtained, you just need to materialise it ;) So basically No I don't think you HAVE to be taught. It just helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts