Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never did until a few years ago. I always thought that psychic stuff was a bunch of bull.... not evil or anything, but just not true.

Then a couple of years ago I stumbled across the John Edward show on the SciFi channel. For some reason, I suddenly started listening to him. He made sense to me- he's very straight forward and for some reason I just really believe him. He's still the only psychic I've ever seen that I feel is telling the truth.

So now I can't say that I believe in most psychics, but I feel there could be some truth to some of them. (Sitting on the fence, that's me!)

EDITED 6-20-03: I just wanted to add that I am a Christian, and I don't take anything like this lightly! I don't believe in psychic hotlines, fortune tellers, or anything like that. It's just the possibility of communication with the spirits that interests me at the moment.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I'd have to say nope also....I saw a program on how psychics do things...including those like John Edwards.
But I do get a kick out of Sylvia Brown...don't believe her but like to watch her....hows that for wishy-washy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
John Edwards is amazing. Everything I've been raised to believe is that it is hogwash,but there have been things that have happened in my life that challenges those beliefs. So,I do believe that some people are given the gift of prophecy(sp),and I think it is at least possible.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
First off, let me preface this by saying that I am a Christian now, but did not grow up in a Christian home. I do believe that God gives everyone certain gifts and some people do have the gift of prophecy. As a Christian, I also do believe there are many different spirits. I believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within all Christians (those who have confessed with their mouths and believe in their hearts that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour and that he came to save us, died for our sins and then rose again and now forever lives to make intersession for us). So does that make all Christians psychics? NO!I also believe that there are other spirits, deceiving and demonic spirits, at work in the world. The bible warns us to stay away from these spirits. These are the spirits that "I" believe psychics operate under.
Ever since I was a child, I have known and seen things that will happen. I am able to "feel" things in the supernatural. I believe it is a gift that God has placed within me. As a child, others recognized this gift in me and tried to lure me into the "occultic realm". Sadly, I dabbled in witchcraft, not realizing what it really was. Witchcraft, associated with the psychics, is all about using the giftings that God has given you for personal profit or for the benefit of some ungodly organization. You are not connecting with the Holy Spirit then, but with other spirits. I honestly believe that there are some "psychics" (witches) out there and they are getting some information from the spirit realm (not all are, some are fakes), but the spirits they are dealing with are not of God. Personally, I'd avoid these people. You're dealing with things that you shouldn't be and it could very well hurt you.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I believe there are things in this world that cannot be explained nor should they be. I also believe that anyone with a true gift would never use it to gain money or power.

I have a christian background and I do believe in God and that Christ died for me; I do not play with things like this. Some of my friends/co-workers go to psychic's...they say for entertainment... and my MIL ran up a phone bill calling 900 #'s for so called psychics.

I've had dreams that have "happened" down to minute details...it freaked me out, but I've never tried to make those dreams happen nor have I ever tried to tell someone's fortune. I think those with gifts of this nature, don't have control over how, when or where the "psychic" event or fortelling occur. So how can a psychic be REAL?

Did that make sense???

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'm sort of with Debbie on this one, My grandfather (who I never met) was a spiritualist preacher, my father was a christian preacher which just left me confused LOL.

However I believe that there are people who 'appear' to be talking to the dead, I also believe they are connecting with spirits they know nothing about (not dead loved ones) and that ultimately it will destroy their lives.

I too, sadly have, in the past dabbled in witchcraft, tarot cards, and other things that are NOT games. It might seem like a good idea at the time and it might seem harmless but these things are dangerous and hard to get out of. They strip you of who you are and destroy your mental, emotional and spiritual life. They also take some people's physical lives.

I don't advise playing games with things we don't understand that will ultimately become stronger than we are. JMO and God's of course but it's not something I believe in and it's one of the few things that seriously scares me!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Nope, I sure don't.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I believe in "the Spirit World" very strongly. I believe there are powerful forces at work in the Spiritual realm. The Bible tells us to stay away from Witchcraft, Sorcery and all matter of psychic phenonemen. In the Old Testament, Saul consulted with a witch from Endor and he died as a result of his disobedience.
In the New Testament, in the book of Ephesians, Chapter 6 verse 12 says," For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, agaisnt the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the Heavenly realms.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I am a Christain and I believe as the bible states that we should stay away from such things. I do believe that God has given everyone gifts in one form or another. Some people's gifts are to see or prophecy things or events.

IMO, this is not the same as dealing with spirits connected with the occult or a form of sorcery. I can't imagine someone who gets an 900# or puts a sign up to advertise their gifts as being real or having a God given gift... Those I have met who truely believe they have the gift to foresee or know things, have stated and believe that if they use their gift for evil or charge money for it, they will lose their gift.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
As a Christian, I know there are good and evil in the world in all forms. I believe in the Holy Spirit living within me and I do believe that there are evil spirits roaming the earth looking to destroy us. My feelings are to avoid them always. Some people do open the doors to this evil not realizing that it is not a game or "just for fun" but a matter of life or death. I try to never open the door. I could say more but to even talk about it makes me very uncomfortable.

pat

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please see my edited post at the beginning of this thread... I am a Christian, and didn't want anyone to think that I am into a bunch of weird psychic stuff. I have just been curious about this topic recently and was curious as to what the rest of you thought. I don't think it's something to take lightly, that's for sure!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
If you are a Christian Amy (and don't get me wrong I am NOT suggesting you aren't OR preaching) as I am not, I'm still working on it ~ so really who am I to say anything at ALL :(

But what I'm trying to say is ~ If you have Christian beliefs then Stay away from all this stuff PLEASE ~ there is NO possibility of speaking to any spirits that will do you anything but HARM.

Take care ~ I'm not trying to be clever, I really hope this hasn't come across 'wrong' ~ I care about you and I've been where you're at ~ wondering and 'just looking into it'. It isn't worth the pain.

Thinking of you :hugz: xxxx

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe that most psychics are fake and if they are not they are recieving messages from demons trying to deceive us and lead us to destruction.

·
27,948 Posts
I think people believe what they want to believe.
As long as you are not hurting someone, who am I to judge?
I don't belive in Psychics. I think some of these people are really good listeners and observers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts