Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you color Easter eggs or do you use plastic eggs or the plastic shrink wrap around the eggs?  Do you let your kiddos help you or do you do it for them?  When my kids were little, we did it together, with the stinky vinegar and color tablet dye kits :) .  Things have sure improved over the years, losing the vinegar is a big improvement. :)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
We do! It's so messy and fun! A few years we used the plastic wrap which was Ok but it was over so fast and then that was that! I love the designs and colours we get from dying them!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I still color Easter Eggs, even though there are no Kids here! :toothy:

·
27,948 Posts
My kids are big now & I'm in the dark...what is the plastic wrap way???

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We color eggs too! My dks love doing it......each year they get more creative!!!!! We always have a blast!:)

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
We used to dye with the vinegar/tabs. Kids have outgrown the coloring of easter eggs...I just might have to do some, I miss all the pretty eggs.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I've never done it with my kids...I feel kind of bad...:( I will make an effort to do this with Patrick this year.:)

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Oh yes! We all get into it!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
We still do too! We vary how we color the eggs, depending on time and available resources.

Sometimes we use the kits, sometimes food colors, sometimes natural dyes.

BTW-- my youngest is 14 and we color eggs together-- dh, me, 19 yo ds, 17 you ds and 14 yo dd.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I love to color Easter eggs. We still use vinegar in ours. I love the "old-fashion" way myself. If something isn't broke, why change it?? The kids love to dye them still too. We do it together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts