Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the world's worst for this. I look at everyone else, and wish that I was like him or her. I wished I was as financially smart as my fil, as organized as my mil, as funny as my best friend, etc. Does anyone else do this? Sometimes, I get so caught up in changing who I am I get exhausted, and overwhelmed.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Some times i wish, but i am pretty happy with me. I can't deal with trying to keep up with everyone else.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'm happy being who I am, I figure God made me the way He wanted me to be and I know I'm special because I'm the only ME! LOL, reminds me of Tigger :tigger: "And the wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the only one, woo-hooo!!!" Just be happy being Jenn!!!!!! You never know, there is probably someone out there wishing they were like you!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Although I am happy with myself as I am, I am always wanting to improve, and yes I compare myself to others, but I do not beat up on myself about it. Usually I wish I was skinny like so and so!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I am happy with who I am but I have a friend who's mother gives them a lot of money each month for their bills and for fun stuff and sometimes I wish I was them and could spend as much money as I wanted too and not have to worry or think about it... but that is it otherwise I am happy with me and what we have..

Eileen

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I am happy with who I am (except my weight). I found when you get to be my age, you don't compare yourself with others like you do when your younger. I've learnt that when I did compare myself with others, it often made me depressed and life is just too short for that.

Your who you are and thats the way life is. We really need to start to appreciate who we are, being happy that others might be better at something than we are and do the best we can with what we have.

Be happy being Jenn. Your a wonderful person and like someone said, there is probably someone out there wanting to be just like you!! :hugz:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Great Advice!

Still I too do this all the time! And yes, it does normally make me miserable and yes I STILL do it!!! :eek:

And I can't imagine anybody wanting to be me LOL. Still I guess you never know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts