Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like to, but I also want them to know that it's ok to show emotions.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I don't cry very often, but I have cried in front of the kids. I don't see anything wrong with showing emotions in front of the kids, whether it be sad or happy emotions. My mom was mentally ill and at times cried every day. now, that was very confusing and depressing for me.:(

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Yes, I do sometimes. They've seen me cry after a good movie, when I've gotten some good news (a happy cry) and they've seen me cry when I'm sad.

I think its good for kids to see you show emotions as long as they see the good emotions and not the bad ones (anger, bitterness, etc.), kwim.

Great question Michelle.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I don't cry often either - although I do suffer from manic depression :(

But films make me cry and I have also cried out of sadness, I don't like to cry in front of ANYBODY, having said that I do think it's ok for kids to see other people's emotions, and even good for them and my own kids have seen me cry before.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I try not to, but sometimes I do.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I am a crier for sure. I such an emotional person period, that anytime ther is a situation that may cause me to become emotional at all, everyone looks to see if I am crying. I do not cry too ofter as a result of sadness however, but more over sentimental things. I should be the moderator of the Town Crier. Believe it or not I cry alot over the posts here in the village forums. Your sadnesses and celebrations are mine too. :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I do sometimes.If it's over a movie and one ask why I'm crying,I'll say because of the movie.If it's something more personal,I don't always say why i'm crying.

Last night I was crying because my bro called and just cussed me out (long story) and Katie ask what was wrong...I just said I didn't feel good :( I hated to lie but she wouldn't have understood anyway.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
OK, Robin and I are not twins but come from a long proud line of criers...... I never used to cry (Except as a child) about pain, I often do now) that I can not explain to my family..... I cry everytime I watch Disney films with the kids and they say "Mom, you are such a sap" ........ Like Robin, the posts here touch me so that I so often cry like a baby (both sad and joyful tears) .......
I don't have a lot of sadness in my life so I'm blessed there.... The tears are healing for me........ I wish men could cry the same way, they be the better off for it !!!!!!!!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Tammy, I'm so sorry you got cussed out and made to cry !!!!!!!!!
HUGS Sweetie........ Where is that Brother of yours, let me at him !!!!!!!!!!:fpunch: :fpunch: (Come-on Darlene, lets get him ) :fight:

·
27,948 Posts
I cry easily as of late. I think it's a combo of my age & life. I think this past year when my sis committed suicide & being that my kids are old enough to to see what's what, I couldn't hide what was going on with my emotions. As a result,we had many talks about many things. They were hard talks to have in some respects but my kids learned that life happens and you feel it~good & bad. Glad we have each other to hold on to if we need to.
Besides the big stuff I cry at anything that can touch your heart. I am more sensitive being over 40... Or maybe I realize just how wonderful life is and don't takeit for granted like I used to in my "youth". Glad to be alive:)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I cry in front of the kids. I am an emotional person. I try not to cry in front of them though. I cry like a loon at Disney movies, kids books... I am a sap.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I find that I cry more often over small things as I get older. Usually they are just sentimental things but sometimes over deeper emotionally disturbing things whether it affects me directly or not. I also sometimes cry over posts.......:(

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I cry in front of DD sometimes ...
I don't see any problem in showing DD it is ok to cry Sad Tears and Happy Tears..

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I don't like to cry in front of anyone. I don't know know why, I have always been like that. It just makes me really uncomfortable to cry in front of anyone. If I need to cry I go take a shower and do my crying in there.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I wear my emotions on my sleeve and I do cry in front of my kids. I too cry at some of the posts here, at parades, movie, etc.. My husband also sheds a tear or 2 at some movies and that is one of the things that I love most about him. He also cried tears of joy the day the kids were born.:angel:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Oh my, Robin I could have written your post!! Yes I am a crier and I do cry in front of the kids. There are happy cries, sad cries, emotional cries etc. I try to save my sad cries for private though!

We had a series of Bell (telephone) commercials running here last Christmas and my goodness, they were maybe a minute long and each one had me crying like crazy, the kids couldn't wait for them to come on.

Oh and my brothers still tease me......I still cry at Frosty the Snowman!!:eek: It's just so sad when he melts. While we were watching Frosty a few Christmas' ago Delaney was getting sad because he was melting and in my tears I am trying to tell her it's OK, he comes back to life again. Then why are your crying Mommy? Nothing like confusing a child.:confused: :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts