Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When one holiday is over I'm done with it & on to the next  so my Halloween decoration came off the front door (yep 1,when the kids were younger I decorated more)& our holiday wreath went up. (It's golds and browns so can go for both holidays) Not much decorating other than that for Thanksgiving and the wreath stays up till after the New Year.

What , when & how do you decorate for November?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I buy cornstalks, mums & pumpkins that stay up for Halloween & Thanksgiving. For Halloween I put out light up jack-o-laterns, skulls, bats..etc and I take them down after Halloween is over, then I put out the pilgrims, turkeys, etc.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No sad to say we really don't decorate for thanksgiving. Christmas we go overboard on though.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
We haven't in the past. This year I might watch the stores to buy some things for next year. We don't spend Thanksgiving at home so I guess I never saw the point (or had the money).

As a kid my mom had a few turkey decorations, plates, etc. and two little pilgrim candles (never burned) that I loved. I remember being so excited when she'd get them out. I think she still has them but I haven't seen them in several years.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Well, after Halloween, I take down those decorations and just put the "harvest" decorations I had up before Halloween. So, nope, I don't do anything special for Turkey Day, but I do start early with the Christmas decorations... :toothy: :D

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I leave the "harvest" decorations up..

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I just had a few things out for Halloween on my coffee table.and a Scarecrow,and few pumpkins outside.I got those put up Yesterday morning.I dont really have any Thanskgiving decorations. I have salt and pepper shakers (remember the little pilgrim people on the Publix commerical?! lol) and some placemats.The wreath on the door says something like welcome fall and I'll leave it up till the Christmas ones goes up.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't really have alot of Thanksgiving decorations, however my aunt made me this beautiful fall flower arrangement..I have it on the dining table and a fall tablecloth to accent it...that pretty much it until after thanksgiving

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I just keep my harvest/fall theme until the day after Thanksgiving then it is all about Christmas!!:)

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I have a couple of scarecrows and a pumpkin that I set out for autumn, but with all the remodeling mess we have I didn't put anything out this year.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I just hit a 1 dollar clearance at Michaels. I've never done it before, but now I have several bunches of silk flower things that were 50 cents and a dollar. They look nice. I stayed in the harvest theme, it does both, and I'm not a big fan of putting decorations up and taking them down. Lot of work involved. HEHEHEH sign me LAZY!!!:toothy:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I too do the harvest decorating instead of Halloween and Thanksgiving.. I put up some Halloween decoartions on the windows, kids carve the jackolanterns and I do a light up jackolantern as well... Then after Halloween, I turn the pumpkins around and put them with my fall decorations and change out the window decoartions... I have some fall leaves and some figurines of pilgrims and Indians that I have on my side table... These along with my fall wreath stay up until the day after Thanksgiving and up goes the Christmas decoations...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I have a ceramic Turkey for my diningroom table and a cornucopia flag for the front of my house. Other than that the regular fall decorations are the same from October.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
no we don't, but my daughter alreay has her tree up:smball:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We just do a little fall decorating, fall colored wreath and centerpieces for dining table and dressers in the bedrooms. I love fall. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts