Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the drugstore rebates. I understand Walgreens's, Rite Aid, CVS and Eckerd all have programs but CVS is by far the best, as they generally don't limit you to one rebate per item and the rebate is now immediate.

I used to send for lots of internet freebies but usually they are sample items. The drugstore rebates result in your getting lots of full sized products for free. Most of the rebates can be accompanied by coupons found in the store fliers plus the Sunday paper, and elsewhere that result in not only getting your product free, but also in getting cashback.

I subscribe to Refund Cents magazine where lots of subscribers describe the deals they get and show photos of all of their merchandise. Some of these subscribers state they refund and get $2,000 to $10,000 per year in rebates. I still haven't figured out how they are doing this, but I'm still learning. The website is www.refundcents.com. Subscribers to the magazine get full access to their website, but some of the areas are free to everyone.

I'm wondering how many of you do these rebates and what tips you can offer the rest of us. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I don't because I feel like I never know about them, so I'd love to know more too.

Well, I know about the CVS one but don't really get it. Besides, our CVS is one of those small downtown stores with limited selection and overpriced items.

·
Registered
181 Posts
http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/index.php

Is one that I go to help organize my thoughts for the week. Under 'pinching pennies around town' is my start off point. For an example I would bring up Walgreens. Cut and paste the store Sunday flyer information. Eliminate the items from the list I won't use. Print off then find the coupons that they suggest and off I go.
My tip is to get two sets of coupons from the Sunday paper. That way when a great deal come up like 'buy 2 for $X' amount you would have a coupon that covers both.

·
Registered
181 Posts
http://www.salescircular.com/

Here is the second place I look. Click on the state you are in. Then up top follow the Free after rebate. I do the same as I described before, cut, paste and delete what I dont' need.

Now you know all my secrets. Anyone else?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks for the info folks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts