Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many celebrate Valentine's day? We don't. I might make a special meal but we do not buy each other gifts or cards.....personally I think it's just a day for Hallmark to make money....:vs_laugh:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This year is the first that we will not celebrate with cards. I used to buy everyone a card with lottery but told DH there's no need. I don't cook anything special or go out. I did send my sister and best friend a card, however.

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
We usually do something, but not expensive or over-the-top. Like, I might grill steaks and make baked potatoes and have a nice dessert at home. DH might bring home a small amount of candy or other sweets, or some small gift he made. This year we might go to a favorite burger or pizza place. Nowhere we'd need reservations, lol!

Like christmas, it's not how much you spend, it's who you spend it with.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
we kinda do..w kids not much romantic lol of course all the school stuff before. I did get treats for the beaver scouts. usually we get cards. but we used to have so many holidays and bdays that ended w our anniversary on the 19th of feb. mil bday was the 15th so that was a thing too. always got choc etc. for us and the kids. nothing over the top.

this year we though about doing something since it was our 20th but w the virus etc didn't want to travel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A great option for a classic is dinner at a good restaurant. I also usually go to the skating rink at this time of the year. It's so romantic there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts