Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More and more I'm doing research on the environment and its becoming another passion of mine. Were in a position now where we can make a small donation to a couple of worthy causes and I'd like to support at least one environmental cause.

BUT I want to make sure its being used for the environment and not for the upkeep of offices, etc., kwim.

So have you donated to any environmental causes and if so which one? Do you feel it was well worth the investment?

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I have donated on occassion to the National Arbor Day Foundation. I feel strongly that we should replace our trees as they are removed from the land.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I donate to the Nature Conservancy. I like them because they buy land to keep in its natural state. If you have the land, you can protect the ecosystem and therefore help protect plants and animals.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I donate $10 to the Arbor Day Foundation when someone passes away. For my donation, they plant trees in memory of that person, and send a card to the family. I think it's a nice remembrance as well as good for the environment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts