Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you dress up too... or just be yourself?

I have thought about dressing up with Tyler, but haven't come up with a good ides yet.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I don't usually...but this year I might. I miss doing stuff like that sometimes, and I've got a couple of costumes.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Going as myself would be scary enough, but I usually wear a little something......

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
no, i'm not going to dress up. it will be fun just seeing all the kids dressing up!;) this is dd's first time trick-or-treating. she is excited!!:D

·
Registered
601 Posts
WELL MY KIDS ARE TEENAGERS AND DON'T TRICK OR TREAT, BUT I WEAR A PUMPKIN SUIT EACH YEAR AND GIVE OUT CANDY AND STUFFED ANIMALS------I LOVE TO DRESS UP AND MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH..........VICKIE:D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't dress up..

My oldest daughter keeps telling me I should dress up as Tinkerbell BUT no way..
Tinkerbell because the triplets are going to be Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Wendy....

I told the kids I was going like a mean ole mommy so I don't need a special costume :~)
Eileen

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I'd like to get to a point where I would do something like that. I think it's wonderful when parents do. I am on the uptight and conservative side and need to loosen up. Not sure what happened between the ages of 17 and 33, but I sure got stuffy.
I guess the fact that no children come to the door doesn't give much incentive either.
How sad, now I am feeling like where did all my youthfulness and fun go? :(

Sara

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to depress you, Sara. LOL
You should dress up this year! Live a little. :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I didn't dress up, but we had a nice evening. We went to the local community center. They had games for the kids, candy, pizza etc. Then we hit a few houses. Zachary was just too precious with his "trick or treats" and "thank yous".

We went to the video store to rent some movies and he got even more candy. UGH

I am so happy when he has such a great time. I took way too many pictures. LOL

Sara

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Post the pictures Sara, I want to see :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
:( I didn't use the digital. I used the 35mm. I still don't have last yrs Halloween pictures developed. LOL
I'll try to get them done in the next couple of weeks though.

Sara

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Oh dear...forget it LOL I won't see them till he's graduating high school. LMAO J/K :laugh:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well I always dress my dd up. This year she was a pink cat with furry ears. I always throw a Halloween party for our neighborhood because we don't have many kids either. Plus this gives the kids some fun too. The first couple of times I dressed up but quit doing that a few years ago. Too much hassle with everything else going on. Talking of candy, everybody buys way too much and all the kids left with ATLEAST two bags full. I will still have Halloween candy come Easter. My dd doesn't eat candy that much and besides she doesn't like chocolate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts