Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to always skip breakfast because I was too busy or just didn't feel like eating. When I begin the LFL program seriously at the beginning of April, I started eating breakfast.

On Friday I watched Oprah and she had Jim Loehr, author of The Power of Full Engagement and he talked about how important breakfast was, that it was the MOST important meal of the day.

Eating breakfast gets our metabolism going, gives us the energy our body requires for the day and really does work.

So, do you eat or skip breakfast?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I eat it.

Although maybe 3 days out of the month, I'll get too busy so I turn it into a brunch instead.
But usually I try to at least pick up some pretzls or peice of fruit while I'm busy getting ayla ready or whatever it is that's keeping me busy.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I have to eat breakfast. My blood sugar tends to be low so it's not a good idea for me to skip any meals.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I try to eat breakfast every day but I do have days where I just don't have time!!! I know I just need to manage my time a little better and then I would have the time!!!!!!:)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I never used to eat breakfast or if I did it was late. Now I do every morning and I am noticing such a difference with my eating habits, not having that "I'm so hungry, eat anything mid morning" feeling. :smball:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I don't eat breakfast...unless dh makes it or takes us out to breakfast. I make sure the kids have breakfast though.:)

·
27,948 Posts
I eat breakfast. Sometimes it might be leftover ziti though.:eek:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No breakfast for me either...just COFFEE, unless we go out to eat.;)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I have to eat breakfast or I feel sick later in the morning.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I always eat something for breakfast--my metabolism slows way down if I don't :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I usually have coffee and toast for breakfast. I don't like to have a big breakfast first thing in the morning, I don't mind brunch later in the morning, but big breakfast first thing makes me feel weighed down and groggy.:D

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm a breakfast eater too! Otherwise, I just feel sluggish all morning and then will probably overeat sometime later in the day.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Gotta have something for breakfast. However it is never cereal. For some reason cereal in the morning makes me sick but I can eat it for a snack in the evening just fine. I am currently on an oatmeal for breakfast kick, before that it was granola bars.

pat

·
Registered
260 Posts
I must have coffee!!!!!!! I try to eat something,I usually munch in dry Rice Chex or just a piece of fruit or a granola bar. I hate big breakfasts. (Although I have done justice to the breakfast bar at Shoneys:toothy: )

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Oh dear ~ I never eat breakfast, I don't snack and I don't have lunch (are we surprised? No ok) So I don't eat anything until about 6pm and only then because I HAVE to. And I wonder why I don't feel well LOL

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Well, Heavensent, you and I are in the same boat! No wonder I feel so lousy all the time.

I'm also hypoglycemic and should a little 6 times a day or atleast 3 good meals but I rarely eat anything untill around 11:00 and most usually it's around 2:00. I love big breakfast but I'm too tired to fix anything, or is it that I'm just not motivated to fix anything. I usually eat something around 11:00 and then eat a snack about 4:00 and then have a big dinner around 7:00. Not a very good schedule. I'll have to check out this forum and see what you all are eating.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I rarely skip breakfast. I love breakfast foods, like biscuits and gravy, pancakes etc..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts