Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
during the summer?
While growing up, we would eat outdoors almost daily during the summer. Usually on our picnic bench outside. I have noticed that so far, we haven't really eaten outdoors here. I think it's time. ;) We have a screened in porch and I think it might be a nice thing to do at least on weekends.
I wondered how many ate outdoors often during the summer and not just for picnics.

·
27,948 Posts
I like to if the bugs stay away.:)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We do once in awhile, but dd is deathly afraid of bugs, so it usually ends up not being to pleasant of an experience. If were out camping, we usually end up eating in the tent!!!

I remember with our older kids though, we ate outside lots. They loved it.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
We will eat out at the picnic table maybe 3-4 times a week, usually our lunch. Saturday nights around here we have a campfire and roast hot dogs and marshmallows.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the kids will at lunch if they just got out of the pool and they are wet.. but we don't usually do for dinner, the deck is too small for a table to fit all 6 of us and I like to eat with a table so...and bugs I hate bugs especially if I can eating I don't like bugs to go near my food...

If we had a screened porch we would (I think)..

Eileen

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Of course we do, on our screened in porch! ;)

NO BUGS that way! :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Not in a long time, dh has let the yards go......:mad:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I'm like Sara, did it a lot as a kid, but haven't done it at my own house too frequently. I'll probably do it more when Maria is old enough to picnic!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We usually do only if we are camping or at MIL and FILs house, they serve a lot of meals on the patio. I don't serve outside because the mosquitos are so bad that they hover over you and discuss among themselves whether to eat you there or just carry you off like take out food. :mad: They are a pox on our area this year.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We used to do it alot, but some how have lost the tradition. I guess it is because it is so hot here that we prefer the air to the heat.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I don't serve outside because the mosquitos are so bad that they hover over you and discuss among themselves whether to eat you there or just carry you off like take out food. :mad:
Kathy, I'm sorry I had to :laugh: at your apt description! ALL bugs think I'm a tasty meal! :yucky:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
We do when we grill and its not to hot. We got very spoiled on vacation in FL. We ate outside by the pool every nite and sometimes lunchtime. The in-laws have a screened in pool and deck area (called a lanai there) with a big table that would fit us all. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Not really...we don't have a picnic table, but we might have one soon...dh seems to start to like working with wood.:D As a little girl, I would eat on our balcony, at lunch, but not with my family, just alone.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I don't really like to eat outdoors unless we're camping. Wasps always show up, and I can't stand any draft when I'm eating. I don't really like to eat on the patio at pubs either - I like the atmosphere, but always end up cold.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Wow, I haven't really eaten outside since I was a kid. In summer my mom and I would often have breakfast outside on the patio. I also have a distinct memory of eating soup at my picnic table in the backyard with my niece and nephew.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
outside eating

we do when we can......now with cold weather I am going to miss it soooo much, oh well there is always next year right??:reind2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts