Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learnt through getting 2 speeding tickets about 10 years ago not to go over the speed limit. I set the cruise and stay there.

I'm always passed by those driving over the speed limit though and it drives me nuts to see people speeding, not only on the highways, but also city driving.

Do you have a heavy foot or keep within the speed limit?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Honestly, there are times when I do go a little over. I have never had any speeding tickets though.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
No, not really..... I am not in a big hurry to get anywhere.....

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
In this city you have to go over the speed limit at times, or get run over. This city so fast paced... I miss the country.

Heck.... the speed limit on the freeways here is 70 mph!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I try not to, although once I had a van with runaway in its blood. i set the cruise at 65 and thought wow this is fine then loooked at the speedometer and I was doing 80!
Dh did get a ticket while using cruise, he was doing 65 and forgot to turn it off when we hit the 55 entry to town, an officer was just waiting for some nit wit to do that very ting! Now the dks and I always remind him. It wa a $95 lesson i do not want repeated!:D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I do. I guess I am just too impatient.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I speed also- impatience is the biggest reason also. I'm always in a hurry to be somewhere. I have to seriously work on that.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Sometimes I do.I got a speeding ticket about 5 years ago (bout broke my heart LOL).
When I get on the interstate,I think I have to go 80..speed limit is 70. I've been turning the cruise on to save my butt from getting a ticket!
Dh drives the interstae everyday to work.I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a ticket.....

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Yes I guess I do. Most of my driving is on the interstate and speed limit is 65 here. I usually set the cruise for 68. But I notice when I get closer to the city and the speed limit drops to 55, you have to do 70 or get run over!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Mustangs do that don't they Danielle, I know with mine i always went really fast, well then i realized it wasn't just me it is the car because who ever drove it did the same thing. i do set my cruise if i am going out of town, and i try really hard to stay inside, but i think i am like the rest of my family *we get it from my mother BTW* we all go way faster than we should.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes, I must admit I'm usually a few miles over.... I've only had one ticket and that was when I was 16. I'm 36 now, so I have done pretty well....or should I say have been really lucky!

DS now has his license at 15, and when he speeds I fuss. Now, when I speed, he returns the favor. LOL;)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Generally fo 5 mi over onthe hwy unless it is a 70 than that is fast enough. I have only gotten one ticket and it was for going 35 in a 30 :eek:
I am such a speed demon:fuming:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have to admit that I usually do, I hate driving so I am also in a hurry to get there & back

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i do a little, maybe 5-7 over. it is funny someone should bring this up. yesterday we took the kids to the zoo and hubby was driving 80 in a 65!!! i about died!!:mad: he said "look i'm going 80-82 and i'm still getting passed!" then at another time yesterday, when the limit was 55, a cop was going by us going about 65-70, so everyone around him was going the same as him...including hubby!!:mad: (but the cop never pulled anyone over!!);)

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Occasionally I do, but for the most part I try hard not to, people around here are really getting crazy with there driving and I figure I'm not in that big of a hurry. Besides the cost of the ticket would hurt real bad right now.

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
I try not to speed but, sometimes I do. Our freeway speed limit is 65MPH but, everyone does at least 70! That is unless I get behind them.....Then they do 45!:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would like to lie and say I only do 5 miles over but I can't. From January to April I made a trip from Virginia to Florida, Florida to Texas, Texas to Florida, Florida back to Virginia, and Virginia to Georgia. After all those long trips there is no way I can drive the speed limit and get anywhere on time.:laugh:

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
My one law that I break is speeding. I only go 5-10 miles over and only on the freeways or back roads--NEVER in town. Two weekends ago, I was merging onto the freeway with a car behind me. There was a semi next to me and nowhere to go. I MERGED at 82 mph! Yes, I slowed down to 67 when I got on (limit is 65).

I tend to drive cars with larger engines. I HATE not being able to get out of someone's way if need be. Yes, I HAVE had to move quickly on more than one occasion!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I usually go the limit. Now if I over it is on the freeway, but very rarely. We got into a very bad car accident when I was 8 months pregnant with Teddy... I now know what it feels like to hit a concreate divider at 65 mph. I have no desire to find out how it feels over that. :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts