Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever feel guilty about working and taking away from your home life. I have moments where I am at work and all I can think about is home and my family and all the millions of things I could and should be doing for them but I am at work. Then I get the phone calls from the kids whinning about this and that .. and how frustrating it is to be at work and not there to handle things. Ughh I am just feeling really really frustrated and If my income wasn't needed ... I also have the health insurance( the main reason I am working) so its not possible for me to quit not anytime in the near or far future. I just am frustrated. My house is a mess cause no one wants to help while I am gone for my 8 hours a day. And then My oldest DD likes to make me feel as guilty as possible cause yah know i never do anything for her or with her:bs2: she is just such a drama queen. But she is also my babysitter for my 8 year old while I am at work and hubby isn't home yet. Sigh.. although it is only 2 hours she watches her and it only when she doesn't have practice after school then my 17 year old DS has her till he can meet his Dad and drop her off to ride with dad in the Semi truck. I just am at my wits end with all this frustration makes going to work the less stressful of my time which it should be being at home is the less stressful. ughh help any ideas?:couch:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Being a single mom, there's no choice but to bring home the bacon for me. I do wish I could be home to get Ds off the bus after school, and have more energy to focus on him and our home. He goes to an afterschool program, si he's not home alone.
sometimes you have to think about the benefits of being a working mom and all the things your kids are learning from you working.
there's alot i could feel guilty about, but at this point in my life i refuse to feel guilty and just make the most of every day.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Since i am the bread winner i have to work ... Joe gets SSI because of Sezures that make it impossible to work. If i could get a good work at home job or a better paying job where i could make less and live better then i am now i would soooo be there, but right now thats not happening.

Unemployment here is HIGH!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tell you there have been times I have wanted to quit not because of work but because of my children. But we can't afford for me to not work. And we need the health insurance sooo I just have to keep telling myself the insurance and the money is worth it. Right now I am working at widdling away at our medical bills If I can get them paid off I could really start widdling away at other things and maybe only have to work enough to pay for health insurance which is 250 dollars a pay period(2 weeks)

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I don't feel guilty anymore, 'cause I'm retired!!!!! :cheergrl:

But I sure shared the guilt train while working. I loved my job, and like the poster, I furnished the health insurance for the family. But not being able to "be there" was super stress. As time went on and kids grew up, it became easier. But then my parents somehow grew old and needed my help more, and once again I was riding the guilt train. I really could see no way around it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts