Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so discouraged right now. I thought this was going to be the year of financial freedom!!!! Wrongo, I tell ya!!!!Medical bills etc. have just been killing us, plus getting ready for DD#2 HS Graduation, DD#1 is going to be graduating high honors in a month from a Community College, she isn't sure what she wants to do yet for sure, DS is growing so fast, I can't keep up with his growth, (he just turned 14 years old, is 6ft. 2 in. and weighs 180 lbs ( a a BIG ONE I tell ya), plus Murphy just loves to visit us too frequently. I am so disgusted, I have been subbing full-time in a school, but now it has slowed down for awhile, which I love being home, but worry about $$. I cannot wait until DH is healthy enough to return to work. I just feel like there is never enough money to go around, yeah know what I mean?? I am trying hard to do the Dave Ramsey plan, but just cannot get the snowball rolling. Oh yeah, we have had plenty of snow too in the Buckeye state!!LOL

·
Registered
708 Posts
Argh, that sounds so frustrating. I know how you feel; it can be so discouraging sometimes to work your butt off and the debt barely seems to go down at all. Hang in there! You're in good company. ;)

·
4,028 Posts
Hang in there Buckeye!

It doesn't sound as if your off track... just worried and stressed.

Laugh :cheerup:
Prioritize :brainy:
Laugh :lol3:
Trim where you can :jug:
Laugh some more :yippee:
Put the family's creative heads together :scratch:
Make someone else laugh :clown5:
Find your local resources :usasmile:
Laugh :cheergrl:

Some of the discouragement may be the aftermath of stress and turmoil of having your spouse go thru surgery. Stresses like that tend to linger and with him home there is a big change in the day to day routine.

:hug2:

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I can tell you from experience that as you get closer to your goals you get tested on how bad you want it ;). Just focus on the positive things you want, make light of the negative things and believe that your goals will be reached, soon. You'll get there....and remember to be happy with the 'journey' even when it's not fun.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You aren't alone. Murphy has visited me in the form of expensive dental work, the only job I could find in the last 7 months is very low paying and medical/dental insurance won't kick in for 6 months. I have been trying to take each day at a time and not look too far into the future. I want so much to start my debt snowball too, but I have to wait for at least 5 more months, until my car and college loan are completed before I have any extra money to throw towards cc debt reduction. Hang in there and keep hanging out here! The daily tips and advice and motivation keep me going, even on the worst of financial days/weeks/months :)!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I guess I've totally been where you are and yes is does get better, seems like it's a test of your will, dont let it get you down and Murphy has visited here too, I had a fully funded EF for it to have to go to medical and dental care that was badly needed but put off for so long and other things happened around the house.

Keep your chin up, things will get better :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hang in there you aren't alone.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
It always seems like just when you get a little bit ahead, something comes up to pull the rug out from under you. Happens to us all the time. I hate it

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Things will get better. I know it's frustrating, but don't give up.

--Michelle

·
Registered
966 Posts
Oh yeah, this happens to us all. One step forward, two steps back :hmmm:

It's not easy raising a family, but it does get better... slowly...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It seems like when you commit to something, then ole Murphy decides to move in. I declared I would be debt free by summer this year and then I was hospitalized three times!! I just decided to deal with my co pays as the bills come in and not let Murphy get the best of me.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I hear you on that one. I'm forever crunching the numbers and wondering how we're going to get ahead. There doesn't ever seem to be enough money.

Whenever I feel myself thinking like that I force myself to look back over a long time period and see what I've accomplished long term. That generally does the trick. (Sometimes I have to look a LLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG way back) LOL

·
Registered
525 Posts
hi evryone i am new here. i do understand everything. thats the great thing we are here in this forum because were all going threw the same things.i am always crunching numbers.theres never enouph money to go around.dont get me started on insurence!big head ache and run around for months...dont qualify..make too much(is that possable)blah blah blah.i lone being a stay at home mom and taking care of everyone i love but numbers drive me crazy.DEBT eats at you.we were at a time where use of the ccwas the only way to survive.i want my kids to have what they wantbut cant alwasys so i make sure they have what they need.frugal yeah thats me. i have turned saving $$ into a game for myself.to bad sometimes i am the only one playing this game.i have foundthe computer weird as it sounds(not really)has saved me a lot of money. coupons samples product tests and all that has helped out.mything when do we stop looking at things as money?why do things get so expensive!!!i am rambeling i know i am sorry guess i am just trying to find my place in this forum.when your young nothing can stop you but now that i have 3 kids of my own,i am 29,everything stops me to an extent.do we have enouph money. what a bad word MONEY or Enouph of it?i dont know but i do like to read how eveyone keeps going and it makes me smile because it is possable to make it these days.there is a lot of support here.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Now that the kids are older, is there some part time work you could do? A little extra money could go along way in alleviating your stress.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I totally know how you feel. But, as others said, don't give up!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sorry everything seems to be piling up, but it will get better. Just hang in there, eventhough I know it seems hard at times. :hugz:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Buckeye 5 I know where you're coming from. I had all these great plans to get things paid of this year, but then I had all this extra dentist work that needed to be done. It adds up quickly. Plus our carpet flooded, etc..... I get frustrated sometimes too, but I just keep picking away at it and eventually the debts will be gone!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yes this happens to all of us. Even being empty nesters, Murphy visits us everynow and then when we least expect it. But some how we always get thru and head on to the next thing. Keep a positive attitude and watch things change...Blessings....Kathy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts