Frugal Village Forums banner

Do you ever recieve homemade gifts from your family, relatives or friends?

2K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  tigo 
#1 ·
I'm trying to get myself out of the house more and one thing I do love is baking a batch of homemade cookies. Would you like if someone you knew stopped by your house every so often with a batch of cookkies and chatted with you?

#5 ·
yes infact I make up a batch of cookie mix about once a month for one friend or another..bake up a dozen and take the rest to them to bake up later.

We have coffee, visit, and they have fresh to bake cookies when other friends drop by...

I keep them in my refergerator for when someone drops by and they all bring me such good garden stuff when they come too.

#9 ·
We do it around here all the time. Most mornings I have a neighbor over for coffee, sometimes I go there. I have one that stops by on his morning walk, and others that come here or vice versa just to chat.We live in a small, close knit area.

#10 ·
I'd love that! My daughter often brings something yummy over when she visits! I have a dear friend who would bring something over and I'd put on a pot of tea and we would talk for hours. I make the snack cake she brought over alot! I just love it and doesn't
call for eggs. I think maybe I'll try this one myself and get out and visit those people I never seem to get around to seeing. Once month sounds like a great place to start!

#13 ·
My inlaws would think I POISONED the cookies!!

But my goodness as to the origional question, would you be my friend, please? I would LOVE to have someone do that, yes call first to make sure I'm not sleeping, but I'll put the coffee on in a HEARTBEAT for cookies!!

kj

#14 ·
I would love that also. It seems that all my friends are so "busy" we have forgotten to slow down and visit with one another. Please bring cookies...i will fix tea or milk or coffee...whatever you please!

#16 ·
Assuming it was someone that I would normally welcome in my house, I sure would! The caveat has to do with the fact that I seem to attract anyone who is mentally unstable, not necessarily in a romantic interest, and I've had to learn to be a little less open to letting just anyone in.

#18 ·
Yup, my SIL did something simular yesterday. She brought me some her garden extras. Cookies would be great too. It would be nice to have a friend stop by some mornings for coffee and something yummy.

#20 ·
My whole family is more or less "dirt poor". Whenever anyone has a bumper crop of something or had a decent hunting or fishing outing they bring some to everyone else in the family. For some reason we are always Thrilled (!) to get it no matter what it is. Holidays are the same. People give stuff they have made (everyone fights for pints of one uncle's gumbo - lol!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.