Frugal Village Forums banner

Do you fold your laundry and put it away....

3K views 34 replies 35 participants last post by  Sassyclass 
#1 ·
Has soon has it is dry?

Often mine stays on the clothesracks for a couple of days. Once it's folded though it is put away.

You?

#2 ·
It stays on the drying rack a day or two..then it is put away. (I will also iron before putting it away if needed.) I can't stand laundry just sitting around now....and I used to be the queen of leave it sitting. Funny how you change as you grow up.

#3 ·
I'm working on it. I'm getting better at getting it put away directly after drying, however, I'm not quite there yet with every load.

#4 ·
My boyfriend does the laundry and folds it then puts it on our beds (my side of the bed and my daughters bed) to be put away before bed that night. He is VERY specific in folding his clothes and prefers to do all of ours instead of accepting my folding techniques.

#5 ·
It's folded and put away as soon as it is dried. Hubby and I share the job.

#6 ·
Mine tend to hang on the hangers or dry rack...

until dry (or a day or 2) when I put them away. Take care and God bless.

#7 ·
I fold and either put it away, or put it in piles for the boys to put away.....course, as I type this, I see a few stray peices from the last load that are still folded on the couch - I'll deal with them tomorrow!! :)

#8 ·
Our laundry tends to hang around for a while. Especially DD's her little clothes take forever to match up and hang the outfits...dress, bloomers, shorts, top...eeek!! Drives me nuts.

#10 ·
I always fold and put up the laundry as so as it is done. I can't stand a job half completed. Since I am banned from using the iron, Dw usually saves up the ironing until there is enough for it to be worth while.

#11 ·
I'll fold the laundry and then let it sit in the basket until the basket is full. I end up putting it away and somehow, I leave mine and DH's clothes folded in the chair that's next to our dresser. I get lazy when it comes to putting it away.

I also have a metal hanging bar that I leave the hanging laundry on until I put the folded stuff away.

#14 ·
I fold my laundry and household laundry (sheets, towels, etc.) and put it away as soon as it's dry.

OTOH, we have a total of 4 laundry baskets, all of which are filled with DH's unfolded clothes. It makes me crazy and I've gone as far as folding everything for him, but then he doesn't even bother to put it away. It makes me crazy, but I refuse to fold AND put away a grown man's clothes.

#15 ·
I always hang clothes as soon as the dryer stops (well sometimes I'll let jeans sit in there but I'd say 95% of the time I do) and I fold the clothes that need to be folded then as well. Towels and underclothes will sometimes sit in the basket for a day or so. But I usually fold and put them away pretty quick.

#16 ·
~:blush: :ack: :weeping:DON'T LOOK IN MY ROOM!!!! Seriously I usually do fold and put it away right away except this last month. Between hanging them outside to dry in the freezing weather and our house being a mess while we replace our flooring, I've gotten lazy about the putting away part. So my clothes are piled 2 baskets high on my dresser. And now I feel so guilty about that that Im going to put them away right now!:blush::bolt:~

#17 ·
The clothes that go in the dryer stay there until I put another load in the wash. I like the dryer to be empty when things are in teh washer, so that I can just flip them through. So things may stay in the dryer for a week (if I don't do any more wash loads that week).
The clothes I hang up to dry (I hang them all up in the laundry room) slowly migrate their way to the closets. I don't like laundry laying around, so it's all out of sight until I feel like putting it away. Nothing sits in the living room or bedroom waiting to be folded.

#18 ·
as soon as its dry i throw all the clothes ontop of my bed so they usually get put away before i go to sleep that night. last night i was just too tired and just pushed them to the bottom of the bed.

#19 ·
I'm a work in progress with laundry or downstairs sofa is piled high of clean clothes. I intend to sort through our closets and cupboards in order to weed out clothes that no longer work for us and hopefully reduce the amount of laundry we have.

#20 ·
I used to let things sit in a basket after being folded (I usually folded the days laundry after the kids were in bed and didn't want to wake them up stumbling around their rooms), but I've now started folding them straight out of the dryer (I hang dry clothing, but toss it in the dryer on air fluff-no heat for 5 minutes afterwards to soften everything). I put them away immediately. I have to now that DH is working out of town, when he comes in, I only have a day or so to get all his clothes washed, folded, and back into his truck before he leaves.

#22 ·
After the laundry is dry, I fold and set a pile in on each child's room. Then they get ready for bed throw on the floor to be thrown back in the laundry so I can wash dry and start all over again. We are frugal frauds learning to change. It has been getting better.

#23 ·
Folded and put away as soon as they are dry otherwise it drives me nuts!....lol

#25 ·
Everything gets sorted right away on my bed except for the kids clothes they go in baskets that are waiting on the floor. When the sorting is done the baskets are delivered to the kids rooms for them to fold and put away. Then I fold my and the hubs clothes along with any sheets and towels. Everything is put away right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.