Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to get a card and maybe flowers and get DH a card and chocolates but we don't exchange anymore.....DH calls me and tells me he loves me which is gift enough!

What I would secretly love though and DH bought me for a couple of years is one of those HUGE heart shaped boxes of chocolates....don't know why I just love them for some reason! I think they look "romantic"!!

You?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I usually get flowers and a card. I hope I will get something a little different this year, something unique.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
He usually gets me a card, and some small gift-- last couple years he's gotten me some tiny stuffed animals that are very cute.

I'm hoping he doesn't get me any thing this year--- I'm not feeling very romatic toward him right now.

·
27,948 Posts
I usually get a card but I picked up a nice big vase (green glass hoosier) for 49¢ yesterday at the goodwill in case I get a little something.;)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Used to get flowers but not now. We are so unromantic. Sometimes I buy candy for him to give dd so that she can then give it to me. That's about as lame as anyone can get. But she feels left out if she doesn't give something. I usually get Mel a box of chocolates (and then eat the ones I like).

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I usually get flowers, a card and some candy....... This year I asked for a box of homemade fudge.......
CJ, we celebrate our anniversary on the 19th......

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I usually get a card and a box of See's candy.....I have saved the very first Valentine's See's Candy box that dh bought me 21 years ago and each year he takes it to See's and they fill it up....it holds 1 lb. of chocolates!!!! In all honesty I could care less about the chocolates, I love the fact that dh takes such good care of my box and remembers to fill it up each year!!!! Don't get me wrong.....the candy is nice but it really is the thought that counts on this one!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Dh is really good about getting me something. We used to do the flower, candy thing but in the last few years I asked him for us just to go out to dinner or something. We grow so many flowers in our gardens that I always hate to spend the money on roses. I'd rather have something that lasts longer.....goodness knows food lasts forever on me :lol:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Nuthin. ANd the day before is our anniv...nuthin then either. :confused:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Steve usually buys me something. it's diff every year...Last year He got me a card,Sweet home alabama dvd, a tin of Mrs.Fields Chocolates,and took me out to eat...Now last year I was pg and SICK so I got that cause he felt bad :lol: this year,I dunno...he's asked me what i wanted but if I get anything I want him to pick it out...not me telling him what to get lol

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Yeah.....It is always something different each year....last year we had a biggggggg fight ......dh kept hinting and pointing out different jewelry pieces to me, so I thought I was getting some nice jewelry, boy was a surprised when I got flowers...I don't think he will do that again!!!!(oh I ended up with a beautiful ring:D

·
27,948 Posts
Originally posted by teddymaker
Yeah.....It is always something different each year....last year we had a biggggggg fight ......dh kept hinting and pointing out different jewelry pieces to me, so I thought I was getting some nice jewelry, boy was a surprised when I got flowers...I don't think he will do that again!!!!(oh I ended up with a beautiful ring:D

Tried to pull the old bait & switch routine on you Jayne?Bet he won't try that again.;)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I usually get a beautiful card and sometimes a gift, sometimes not. It just depends on finances at that time. I always get a card though and usually a special dinner out. It is enough for me that he remembers and really puts thought and his heart into getting me a special card. (That does not mean I would not like a nice piece of jewlery, LOL)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
DH usually gets me flowers and a card and chocolates.last year I cleaned the garage(note:his garage) and got a huge piece of card board and painted HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!I LOVE YOU! with hearts all over it.He's asked me what I want,nothing really just a day without having to do the dishes.JK actually I want him to be creative and of course romantic.I have no idea what I'm doing.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
We are going away for the next weekend. He goes skiing and snowboarding, I go antiquing and hang out in the sauna, we meet for a good dinner and then a nice swim in an indoor pool. If I have spend my time off on the side of some frozen mountain it is going to cost him:D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Valentines Day is our anniversary, but I don't think we'll exchange this year. Sometimes dh will get me a heart shaped box of chocolates.....

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Gabe is pretty thoughtful on Valentine's Day. I never expect anything, but he always pulls through. lol

Nothing ever terribly fancy, but always thoughtful. This year my sewing machine and supplies is plenty.

He still came home with a new coffee mug for me and a huge heart shaped box of chocolates. I was surprised because he had to go into work and had a stressful day, so it meant even more.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I usually only get a card. Never really have the money for anything special. This year I got a phone call from him at 5:00am. Since he is not home with me again this year, That was good enough for me. Last year he was in Germany, and this year he is in Virginia. Hopefully next year he will be home, but I am not gonna count on it. His year won't quite be up by then. One of these days we will get to do something truely romantic. Hopefully the Army won't screw up next year.

·
27,948 Posts
He's getting all mellow & mushy Carolyn? You lucky girl you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts