Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, I'm not sure if it's because I live in hillbilly land or what, but I've noticed quite a few women lately walking out of stores with their bathing suit on, wearing shorts and flip flops.

Granted, I don't get dressed up to go shopping, but geez Louise! Or is it just me?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
well before this summer I would said no way would I go shopping in my bathing suit but since we got the pool in if it is a hot sunny pool day I will get dressed in my bathing suit and if I need to go to the store that is how I look.... If I go out I do have a shirt and shorts on over it and you can't really tell I have the bathing suit on but......
Eileen

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool, I do that too- but never would I dream to go without the shirt like the people I've seen do.

So we'll be over at 10 tomorrow to help you break in that new pool :toothy: J/K Hope it's keeping you guys nice and cool this summer.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I know exactly what you are saying. I saw a couple of ladies in HEB the other day with shorts, flip flops, and their bathing suit tops on. I saw one in McDonald's too. I may wear mine too, but I will pull a top on over it if I am going in to a store or somewhere.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
If I could actually wear one without looking the way I do...I might consider it. At this point, I won't even wear a bathing suit. No worries catching me in mine and flip flops.

I don't think anyone wants to see me jiggle in and I sure don't want to see someone else jiggling around either.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I don't do it here without wearing shorts and a shirt over it, but growing up in Hawaii, this was quite common.

·
Registered
601 Posts
of course you expect to see it if you're on vacation at the beach or something, but if i am going out in public i will be clothed..
:lol: Dont' want to be scaring anybody now.....do I? :eek:

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I see it around here too and we are 4 hours from the beach! And it's usuallu people who should not be seen in a bathing suit..lol.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I am way too many Oreo cookies past that !!!!!!!!!!
I grew up in sunny So. California, and it was pretty common place.... Count your blessings, the women here go in grandmas housecoat and slippers with curlers in there hair..... The men wear shirts made out of rebel flags with pabst blue ribbon beer caps and no teeth..... Living here if nothing else makes me feel so well cultured !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Laura, you guys should come over and help us have fun with the pool, not tomorrow though :~) we will be out for the day, I will e-mail you and maybe we can get together someday next week.. I love the pool is is so cool!! The kids have such a great time and I don't have to leave the house...

Eileen

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I won't even put shorts and a tshirt over mine.I just change.
I hate seeing these young (by young I mean 13-14 yrs old) girls wearing the thong type bathing suits. Men just look at them and say all these vulgar things to them. No way would my 13 year old dress or go to a public place looking like that.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My point exactly Angie, unless one finds back flab sexy, I guess.

Lori, that is such a hoot! My dh grew up in HIghland, IL and most of his family live in MO. A few years ago we went out there for vacation and visited his godfather who lives in Leadwood, MO that he hadn't seen since he was a kid. While we were there, his godfather offered us a beer. I asked him what he had, since there are very few "yellow" beers I'll drink, and I'm not going to take one, have a few sips and not drink the rest (too wasteful). So he looked at me like I had 10 heads and asked me "What do you mean what kind- there's only 2 kinds, Busch and Pabst Blue Ribbon". I was hurting inside I just wanted to laugh so hard. Yep, sure made me feel like a spoiled city slicker.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Yes I have gone shopping with my bikini on. I was wearing shorts and shoes too :)

The only reason why I did was because we were in a hurry to get to the beach and we needed beach towels since all of ours were in the hamper and not even really beach towels at that.

I wouldn't just normally go out in my swimsuit, but Carl insists that in the city (san francisco) it's popular for girls to wear a bikini top with some type of open shirt over it....and I guess he is right, I saw that type of outfit on a manican in the mall this summer.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Lori and Laura :laugh:

If I could actually wear one without looking the way I do...I might consider it. At this point, I won't even wear a bathing suit. No worries catching me in mine and flip flops.

I don't think anyone wants to see me jiggle in and I sure don't want to see someone else jiggling around either.
This is me too! :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Nope, sorry, I don't even like to go to a pool in mine. I wear one only when I'll be swimming.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I don't even OWN a bathing suit, there is no way I am putting this big ole butt in a bathing suit. The world is not ready for that horrible site yet, LOL. :toothy:

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
I do a lot in the summer. if we have been sunning or in the pool I just put on cute coveralls or short over my bikini.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Nope, me in a swimsuit is not a sight to be seen outside of the pool. Maybe if I was 20 and thin again and had a nice tan, but I am many moons past that.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pat- love your Petunias! Mine get so leggy and yucky looking by mid summer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts