Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or would you end up killing one another? :toothy:
Gabe and I often grocery shop together and with the children. Sometimes he shops alone and once in awhile I shop alone.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I almost always shop with dd or alone, if dh does go along he heads for the magazine racks and I have to fetch him when it's time to leave.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Of course, he is an extra shopper for couponing and he is very good at it!!!

I taught him well:curtain:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We shop together often. I seldom go alone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Usually I shop alone. Sometimes Dh will go with me, but not willingly.

When I get out my coupon organizer, he makes himself scarce!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I shop with him very rarely!!!!! He is usually pretty good about following my list but he doesn't understand why it would take very long to shop and he gets impatient and then obnoxious and by the time we leave nobody likes him!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
most often yes we shop together, but sometimes i shop on my own.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We shop together.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Nope--I do the majority of grocery shopping alone (or with a child in tow), and he stops for an item or two on the way home from work if we run out of something.

·
27,948 Posts
I shop with Dh only when I have to. He rushes me too much.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not if I can help it. DH likes to go shopping, but he makes me crazy. He'll push the cart, and I always have to go hunt him down when I have an arm load of groceries because he's busy looking at something or 3 aisles over helping a little old lady get a bag of chips off the top shelf (he's 6'5", so he's a little old lady magnet, LOL!). So he slows me down way too much and he sees no problem with spending $5.00 on cookies from the bakery or a $3.00 loaf of bread from there, or almost $4.00 for a gallon of chocolate milk because he can't say no to ds. He's worse than a kid himself.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Darlene said:
I shop with Dh only when I have to. He rushes me too much.
Me too, and I tend to overspend. :)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Actually SO does most of the main grocery shopping and he does it alone. I shop about once a month for special stuff we need and I too tend to shop alone or with dd.

pat

·
Registered
260 Posts
Always with him,someone has to teach him how NOT to spend money!!!!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Nope, while I'm shopping with dd, he sits in the van with the boys and waits for me. Its too hard to get someone to watch the kids, and he does enjoy driving me to the city (which I don't mind at all), so he reads while I shop.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Mostly with dh- he used to work at a grocery store and knows the bargains better than I do.

Also, since he is home all the time- he does the majority of the cooking- so he buys the majority of the food. :)

We generally go together on my day off work and tag team the specials and limits per customer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts