Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soo fed up with the icky dirty coins! I have a pile sitting on my desk and I'm so grossed out by how they look that I haven't put them away :eek:

I was thinking about putting them in something to clean it off...but then thought naahhh I'll just dump it in my jar and wash my hands..

BUT, if in the future I want to say, teach ayla how to count money, I would love to clean them off first :) Should I just soak it in soap and water and scrub it with a sponge? or maybe run it through the dishwasher somehow? Or is there a magical liquid that will clean that grime right off? :D

How do you guys clean them off, if you do do that?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Heather, do you mean your change, especially those pennies. If thats what you mean, dump them all in a bowl of Coke and they'll come out spotless!!!

The kids love to do this and see how the pennies come out.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep change is what I mean :)

I have tonnnnnnnns of coke around so that will work PERFECT!! Now i know what to do with the coke dh doens't finish!! :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow! I should try this...sometimes my pennies are sticky and yucky!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
The kids love doing this - they always want to see just what a Coke will do. It will also clear out that toilet bowl as well. Interesting what Coke will do and yet so many people drink it!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Only if they're covered in dirt or something then I'll wash it off with water.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I didn't know that would clean them. Thanks for the tip CJ.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
If you have flat coke that no-one wants to drink, pour it in the toilet and leave overnight, put the plug in the drain and pour in and soak the top of the drain overnight......

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
huh, it never occured to me to wash my coins! gonna do it with my stale soda! thanks for the tip

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
No wonder you are called Homestead Mama!!! I am amazed at your "stuff" CJ, I cant wait to try it...what a good science experiment for kids!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did it cj and it worked great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts