Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have one coming in Pullman, WA and I'd like to know a few things about them.
1. What is the quality of the products they carry?
2. Do they take coupons?
3. Do you find good deals there?

We have another dollar store right down the mall from them that I really enjoy and I'm hoping the competition doesn't put them both out of business.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
$ General does take coupons,
The quality is comparable to the other $ stores as far as I have seen
As to deals, you have to be careful but there are deals to find if you know what it is you are looking for in detail.
Carolyn's hubby manages one in KY, she can answer any other questions you have!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
They just got one in my inlaws home town too. Luckily that is the only one.

Debbie, we have several different ones here. They all do pretty well in the same town. Dollar General is pretty much like most dollar stores. The exception is one of those stores where EVERYTHING is a dollar. DG has things for $1-$10 or so.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies ladies! I had no idea that they didn't just sell things for $1 each.:D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I love Dollar General Store! I shop there every week. They have a limited selection of groceries, and are cheaper than the local grocey store. I also find health and beauty aids at a good price,too. For those of you who belonged to Frugalmoms.com, do you remember the list of bargains that Kim Tilley made for Dollar General? Does anyone have a copy? TIA.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I forgot to mention, the Dollar Gen. where I shop take coupons. They also have nice greeting cards that are only .50 each.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a Dollarama and a Dollar Magik. The first one is everything for $1.00 or even 2 for $1.00. The second store varies from $1.00 to many, many dollars! lol I love them both! I never dared use a coupon, though...I never thought they would accept one...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I just wanted to say that Dollar General and Family Dollar are pretty similar if you have a Family Dollar near you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I love the Dollar General. Here, they have started taking credit cards. I get snacks, household cleaners, my dh razor blades ($1) vs the $6 he was paying. Medicine, etc.etc. They have great toys at Christmas time too.

Keilley

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the Dollar Store :D

We Live in a Small Town In Kentucky

so Our stores are:

Dollar General
Family Dollar
Rite Aid :D
Pamida (it is alot simliar to Wal-mart but higher..lol)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Carolyn, we seem to be the ones with the dirty stores. I can't remember ever going in $General here that wasn't kind of dirty and run down. I do find some bargains there once in a while, we bought our fiber optic Christmas tree there and have had it for two years now and it still works fine.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I like Dollar General too. If you have kids it's a good place to find teacher's gifts for those kids who have a lot of teacher's to buy for. Lots of cute knick knack too.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I like $ General pretty well Deb, even though our's is one of the messy, run down ones. I do from time to time find an amazing bargain though. It's certainly worth stopping to browse as long as you can resist buying what you don't need, etc....:thumb:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I like Dollar General- you can get some good grocery bargains, and I buy a lot of greeting cards/stationary there. It never occured to me to use a coupon there, though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts