Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this little hand held carpet sweeper, the manual kind with the roller brush. It's about 3-1/2 inches x 6 inches big and works great for quickly picking up cookie crumbs and the like.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Mine is either my big vacuum or my little Red Devil hand held, that thing does the stairs way better than any full sized vacuum can.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I'm loving my new dish brush. I tossed out all my sponges and bought a dish brush and dish cloths.

This brush is a short handled brush and the handle is angled. I am hooked!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
OK, don't laugh but mine is ....my hubby!!!!! I can set that man to a cleaning task and he will make things shine!!!!:toothy:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
:laugh: um, that's a nice gadget you got there Debbie!

I'd have to say my ostrich down feather duster that has done me 18 years of good steady service and looks good for another 18 years. It's not a feather duster, they are different. It doesn't puff the dust around, it traps it in the down, and releases when you tap or shake it.

Next on my list is my trusty Hepa filter vacuum I got from Sears, or the red juice concentrate that I like diluting for a cheap non toxic home spray cleaner. Spritz and wipe, you can't beat that.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Hmmm... I don't really use any gadgets when I clean. Do cloth diapers count? I bought one package to use as burp clothes and discovered that they were really thin, then I discovered that they make the best dust cloths, so now there's a stack of them in the linen closet kept just for cleaning.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
My Mr Clean Magic Eraser. I love that thing. I use it on everything! It is great.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the Magic Eraser too. It doesn't seem to work as good for me as it does for some folks, but I do really like it.

Margery, I'd forgotten about your ostrich down feather duster. This dusting bit really has me down. This old house just oozes dirt. I have one of those fuzzy duster things and I like it well enough, but it doesn't grab much dust before it starts spreading it around. I want to be able to get into the little spaces without having to move everything everytime.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well it was my hoover floormate BUT my 1/2 sister broke it and I haven't replaced it yet so right now it is Comet Clean and Flush, flushable toilet cleaner brush, I love that since as soon as I clean I can just flush it.

Eileen

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Love that thing
We have a Tristar Vacuum I like too

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Maybe I was too hard on Mr. Clean. I should try him again.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Originally posted by AmyBoz
Maybe I was too hard on Mr. Clean. I should try him again.
:yeah:  I tried my free sample and was totally unimpressed, so I haven't bought any since then.  It just seemed to disintegrate as soon as I used it.... maybe it's supposed to do that?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Amy, I have used it often, but I used it the other day on a flat no gloss painted room (Picasso art by Alexandra) and it didn't do very well at all. :( All other times that I've used it, it worked awesome. I'm wondering if you used it on a non gloss painted wall too.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I've got a little brush-shaped thing that has a rough-ish pad instead of bristles, it's great for getting the dogs hairs off the furniture! :D
Julia

·
27,948 Posts
My new find is The Works toilet bowl cleaner. It got the toilet so clean it scared my kids, lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts