Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are my Fiskars. A lot of people told me Gingher's were the best, so I went out and bought a pair years ago. The only thing I use them for is snipping threads at the machine! :)

So, do you have a favorite pair of scissors?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I like fiskar's....... I hide them and they find them and cut paper and cardboard with them :mad: ...... Then I have to get a new pair :(

·
27,948 Posts
Yep- ones I can find.:D

I can't sew, but I do cook & love my kitchen scissors. Those are hanging on a magnetic strip attached to the wall. My knives are on it too.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Yep, Fiskars, I keep them hidden in my bedside table, that way DH and DD don't find them and use them for anything else.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
On my sewing scissors, it's written *Zwilling J.A. Heckels Germany* ...my mom bought them for me 12 years ago...she said they were very good scissors...anyone know about that name?

I hide mine, too....I don't want anyone cutting with them!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never heard of those Lucie. If they are still going strong after 12 years, they are probably a very good pair.

I still have 2 pair of Singer shears that I have had since high school and they are great too. If I ever remember to take them to JoAnn's when the person is there to sharpen them. :(

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
The new ones, lol :toothy: . I am always losing my scissors and having to replace them. But i found if i lock em up and write on em with a SHarpie what they can be used for...ie, fabric scissors, paper scissors, cardboard scissors, plastic scissors, and so on, noone uses them for anything else. I lock em up in my craft cupboard.:D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I have heard of JA Henkels, they are a very good name in knives so it makes sense that you have a good pair of scissors/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts