Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several smaller jars and piggy banks, but would like one HUGE jar/container.

What do you keep your pennies in?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
A plastic bear container. It is the ones you can buy filled with cookies at WM. It has worked well for us. It holds quiet a lot. I need to take it and cash it in.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We use a coffee can.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Since I collect tins, I use one of those. All my change goes into just one, when I roll it, I put the rolled change into a bigger one with handles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hubby found me a Kentwood Water bottle - make an excellent change holder - plus when it ever gets full I plan on taking the money and doing something special for all of us with it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I also have a tin that I throw my pennies into. It gets filled up about once a year and holds almost $100.00. I usually deposit it into ds' saving account along with all his birthday money. I'm sure he'll appreciate it when he gets his first place and needs the cash for furniture, clothes etc.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have a huge piggy bank that sits in my living room on the floor. His name is Preston (pig) and he is about the size of a pot bellied pig. We "feed" him all our change. He's very well behavedm, has never had an accident on the floor and has a sweet temperment! Plus, my niece likes to "ride" him and our cat Skeeter lounges on top of him.:D He's the perfect pet!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have one of those "Baby Bottles" that you can buy with an assortment of baby stuff in them....it is only half full and has just over $100 in it. I dump all my change into it.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I have a sparkletts bottle for pennies. It is about 1/3 full I have no idea how much money is in it.

I also have a jar that I keep silver change in. first it goes into one with a cork top in my room, then when that gets filled, I put it in an old wine bottle I found that I keep in the garage.

The silver change is for when I graduate Lori can fly out here to be with me!!! It is the best encouragement I have ever had to save money.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I use a bowl with a lid for all my change. I took it to the bank today and got $36.91. I took the 91 cents and put it back into the bowl, added $4 to the $36 to make $40 and hid that. I'm going to do this for the rest of the year and see how much money I can save up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts