Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
if you are tralking about one for a child I think the bigger ones with a safety net are fine, the smaller ones id be cautious of, my DD flew right off one last year and landed on her head, she was fine thankfully but she could have really hurt herself, of course that is just my opinion, i am sure some of them are safe

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Are you talking about the mini exercise ones? I want one of those but aftraid I wouldn't use it as much as I think (like most exercise equipment I buy) if you get one let me know what you think about it.

We have a 12' in the yard for the kids and cheaper brands are just as good as the expensive ones.

Eileen

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I've had two. Both I got at yard sales for less than $10. The first one was really old and didn't last long. But the one I have now is the one that you see in Walmart for $40. I got it for $8. I love it.

My advice...buy the BEST sports bra you can find :eek:uch:

·
Registered
639 Posts
We had a mini trampoline (rebounder) when the kids were young.
It was great for them to have in the house in the winter. They could jump & burn some excess energy. I used it to for exercise.
There are better ones, but I don't know what the recommended brands are.
The cheaper one ($40) worked fine for us, it had enough bounce, but not so much tht kids could bounce off & get hurt.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I had one years ago before I broke my hip and I loved it. It was more fun than the treadmill.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have the Walmart cheapo and love it, use it to death when I'm home. I have used the expensive ones also. They would be good if you are heavier--better springs, or if like me, (getting old here) have a physical problem. I have "car wreck neck" that can really give me problems sometimes, and the gentleness of the more expensive rebounder would be nice.

My only complaint is storage. It doesn't slide under my bed. I end up putting it on its side and lean it against the wall. Pretty.:vamp:

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you are speaking of the larger outside ones for children, I would recomend getting a good one. Making sure you buy the surronding netting. A friend of mine has one for her girls. She always is around when they are using it. Also larger kids jumping with smaller one can be dangerous.
If you are speaking of the small exercise type, my mil gave me one. I used it once or twice. didnt really like it. My son tried it and flew off into a wall. he wasnt hurt, just embarrassed. I ended up giving to a neighbor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts