Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any traditions that you carry on year to year for your Easter celebration?  We go to my sister's house for Easter and my Mother always makes her delicious homemade pies.  We have an Easter egg hunt for the little ones and lots of fellowship and visiting among the adults.

Do you have special signature dishes that you make for Easter, or a special Easter meal blessing that you say?  Do you have special dishes that you use at Easter like maybe Grandma's gravy tureen? 

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
We have a weiner roast! I'm not kidding--- no one has ever felt like cooking a huge dinner after being in church for sunrise services, Sunday school and regular church--- so we come home and have a weiner roast.

All the kiddos hunt eggs (we've started adding money to the plastic eggs so the "big" kids AKA teens, will participate too) and we have grand time-

Hot dogs in the oven if the weather is nasty and egg hunt in my basement.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
WE have an chocolate egg hunt here in the morning with just us and then we go to my Mom and Dad's for supper. We always have a big ham, scalloped potatoes, veggies and lots of spring coloured salads:) ! I'm usually making the dessert so it's pies or a lemon cheesecake. One year I made a cake that looked like an Easter Bonnet. My Mom uses her good dishes...Easter and Christmas. We have an Easter egg hunt at their place as well except it is outside so the spots are a little more difficult!:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We usually go to my parents for the week-end. We have a big nice family dinner with apple pies my mom has made for dessert and chocolate bunnies and chickens!:bunny: :chicken:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts