Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regardless of the three feet of snow in my backyard, I'm looking forward to the day that I can start grilling again! (I absolutely love grilling and do a vast majority of it in the household) Grilling is our way of cutting back on utilities and the urges to eat out, so I decided to devise a menu plan for the Spring and Summer while I have the time.

Do you have your Spring and Summer menu plan all done yet?

Here's what we eat a majority of in the Spring and Summer:

Grilled chicken
Pork steaks (glazed with chicken and pork bbq sauce and covered with a light layer of Spicy Pepper Medley seasonings)
Cheeseburgers (also glazed with a light layer of bbq sauce and seasonings)
Hot dogs
Salads of all varieties (pasta, macaroni, Caesar, potato)
Crockpot baked beans
Deviled eggs
Corn on the cob
Garlic toast

I usually make enough salad to last a few days. DH won't eat boiled egg, so he sticks to Caesar salad and pasta salad. I love potato salad and put a bit of dill in it. The kids usually eat whatever tastes good to them. I offer a lot of variety at dinner time, so while it may look like the menu is a bit lacking, we usually have leftovers all of the time. If one kid wants pasta salad one day and potato the next, we have both at the table.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Even though we are right now in the middle of a blizzard, I too look forward to grilling outside. There are many reasons why I do.... first... it saves on gas (stove) and electricity. Second.. the house doesn't get heated up from the oven/stove on. Third .... we always eat outside, giving us fresh air and sunshine.

We usually eat the following....

hot dogs
brats
hamburgers
steaks
potato salad
stuffed pork chops
grilled potatoes and onions
grilled spaghetti
beer can chicken
fried turkey
salads
coleslaw
corn on the cob
devilled eggs
bbq baked beans
and the list goes on.....

Oooooh, I can't wait! YUMMY!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
God, the more I think about it, the more hungry I get. :lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
We cook lots on our grill besides the usual ~ we make pizza, veggies, grilled fruits. We have a rotisserie on it as well so we cook whole chickens on it.

My DH also has a smoker which we use quite a bit, too. I'm always throwing stuff on the smoker while it's going besides the meat ~ mixed nuts mixed with some garlic put on the smoker for an hour or two are soooooo good :) The bad thing is that you have to plan to stay around all day since it takes that long to smoke a piece of meat. We usually do a turkey on the smoker at Thanksgiving, too.

If I had some gas in the tank, I'd be grilling this week :)

·
19,119 Posts
new grill almost done!!

Our condo only has 8 units - we were the model for the rest of the land, but then they had to build several huge buildings instead due to finances..... so the grilling area is far away. We petitioned and soon our own, right in our area, grill will be ready!!

Yeah grilling!!
Yeah men who love to grill!!
Yeah lower electric bills!!
Yeah easy clean up!!
Yeah cooler home!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts